monkry

Online No
Level 11
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 6

5 months ago
Hello,

I just add an entry: item #563905
Before I duplicate the entry for other characters, I wanna confirm something.
It should be tagged as Draft, right?

This is how it's stated on Help page:
FAQ
About official shots: Not tagged official/promotional pictures (provided by manufacturers) required. If such a picture can't be found (old items, upcoming items), you can use your own picture or a picture found on the Internet (make sure you have the photographer's authorization before uploading). Don't forget to mark your entry as draft in this case.
Jpeg (.jpg), png (.png) and gif (.gif) up to 2048x2048 pixels and 1MB.

As you can see, entry above has SAMPLE all over the pic. I want to confirm this because I found entries with SAMPLE pic not tagged as draft, but others with SAMPLE tagged it as draft. Is it a draft or is it not?

aeonblue
SHSL Procrastinator
Moderator + Super High School Level

aeonblue

Online No
Level 34
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 1965
Location Australia

5 months ago
monkry (5 months ago) #19439158Hello,

I just add an entry: item #563905
Before I duplicate the entry for other characters, I wanna confirm something.
It should be tagged as Draft, right?

This is how it's stated on Help page:
FAQ
About official shots: Not tagged official/promotional pictures (provided by manufacturers) required. If such a picture can't be found (old items, upcoming items), you can use your own picture or a picture found on the Internet (make sure you have the photographer's authorization before uploading). Don't forget to mark your entry as draft in this case.
Jpeg (.jpg), png (.png) and gif (.gif) up to 2048x2048 pixels and 1MB.

As you can see, entry above has SAMPLE all over the pic. I want to confirm this because I found entries with SAMPLE pic not tagged as draft, but others with SAMPLE tagged it as draft. Is it a draft or is it not?

Plenty of official pictures straight from the manufacturer have the sample watermark over them and while one without it is preferable, it's sometimes the only official ones. So you're fine to not leave it as a draft entry. Drafts are usually for when the entry is substantially lacking in information generally because it's a new item awaiting further details.

Edit: For clarification, by 'not tagged' we mean not pictures tagged with a website's or photographer's, etc. name.
Updated 5 months ago #19440015

monkry
Regular Boarder

monkry

Online No
Level 11
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 6

5 months ago
aeonblue (5 months ago) #19440015Plenty of official pictures straight from the manufacturer have the sample watermark over them and while one without it is preferable, it's sometimes the only official ones. So you're fine to not leave it as a draft entry. Drafts are usually for when the entry is substantially lacking in information generally because it's a new item awaiting further details.

Edit: For clarification, by 'not tagged' we mean not pictures tagged with a website's or photographer's, etc. name.

Ooo thank you very much! :)
Glad I asked first :)

crocatoot
Regular Boarder

crocatoot

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 394
Location Canada

5 months ago
What are a cheap/Natural non heated Light to light up a Detolf?
Updated 5 months ago #19500969

darkill17
Regular Boarder

darkill17

Online No
Level 12
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 27
Location Paços de ...

5 months ago
Hi. I don't know if i and on the right place but does anyone know good ebay sellers that special sell Banpresto stuff?
Thanks.

FoolyDooly
Regular Boarder

FoolyDooly

Online No
Level 14
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 763
Location ALL OVER ...

5 months ago
darkill17 (5 months ago) #20046127Hi. I don't know if i and on the right place but does anyone know good ebay sellers that special sell Banpresto stuff?
Thanks.
Tokyo Otaku Mode carries some Banpresto figures, actually, but not all, if you want reputable shop.

eBay-wise, I buy them off auction sellers that has "ship from Japan" marks. Depends on what you are looking for. Safe bet of course is to avoid Chinese/Taiwan/Vietnam/Malaysia area. I don't know what figure you're looking for so I can't pinpoint you the exact ones, unfortunately. Banpresto stuff can be gatcha or crane game, so knowing which series' or particular one could help search much better.
Updated 5 months ago #20062374

Dorayaki_Senpai
Regular Boarder

Dorayaki_Senpai

Online No
Level 5
Joined 5 months ago
Post(s) 2
Location Indonesia

5 months ago
Hi guys,

I would like to ask is there any particular thread or maybe another site that i can easily monitoring new release figures. For example good smile site have section for japan release date and shipment.

Thank you

heartfulcries
Regular Boarder

heartfulcries

Online No
Level 16
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 169
Location Singapore

5 months ago
Dorayaki_Senpai (5 months ago) #20133420Hi guys,

I would like to ask is there any particular thread or maybe another site that i can easily monitoring new release figures. For example good smile site have section for japan release date and shipment.

Thank you

You can use the database search and restrict by release year and month then sort by release date like so: (mfc link)

This depends heavily on users updating database entries though you're not restricted to one company's figures (unless you specify it in search).
Updated 5 months ago #20136004

Dorayaki_Senpai
Regular Boarder

Dorayaki_Senpai

Online No
Level 5
Joined 5 months ago
Post(s) 2
Location Indonesia

5 months ago
heartfulcries (5 months ago) #20136004You can use the database search and restrict by release year and month then sort by release date like so: (mfc link)

This depends heavily on users updating database entries though you're not restricted to one company's figures (unless you specify it in search)

Ahh did you mean those on the right section, lol never noticing that, thanks. I wish somebody making easy to navigate blog/site updating newest release goods not just for future release articles.
Updated 5 months ago #20142359

wzzt
Regular Boarder

wzzt

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 16
Location Californi...

4 months ago
Can I use FigInStock to check for other goods or does it work for figures only?

e: Specifically looking for tapestries
Updated 4 months ago #20764602

Memyandi
|ω・)
Regular Boarder

Memyandi

Online No
Level 19
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 188
Location Germany

4 months ago
Hi! Is there a way to create a blog article that people can read (guests and/or logged-in users, doesn't matter), but doesn't show up on the front page? I created a blog without making it public just now but it seems neither guests nor other users can see it when I give them the link (asked a friend to check). Basically i want to create blogs that really aren't meant for being read by many people (personal or just for practical use) so I don't want to spam the front page but instead discreetly link to them in some situations. Guess that's not possible? ;;

heartfulcries
Regular Boarder

heartfulcries

Online No
Level 16
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 169
Location Singapore

4 months ago
wzzt (4 months ago) #20764602Can I use FigInStock to check for other goods or does it work for figures only?

e: Specifically looking for tapestries

I remember tracking some goods with FigInStock so as long as you have a link, it should be fine?

Memyandi (4 months ago)Hi! Is there a way to create a blog article that people can read (guests and/or logged-in users, doesn't matter), but doesn't show up on the front page? I created a blog without making it public just now but it seems neither guests nor other users can see it when I give them the link (asked a friend to check). Basically i want to create blogs that really aren't meant for being read by many people (personal or just for practical use) so I don't want to spam the front page but instead discreetly link to them in some situations. Guess that's not possible? ;;
I don't think it's possible to make a private link-only blog (seems like a feature from Tumblr iirc) but you can try using an empty list if that's what you're looking for...?

Memyandi
|ω・)
Regular Boarder

Memyandi

Online No
Level 19
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 188
Location Germany

4 months ago
heartfulcries (4 months ago) #20768636I don't think it's possible to make a private link-only blog (seems like a feature from Tumblr iirc) but you can try using an empty list if that's what you're looking for...?

!!!
Why didn't I think of this. Yes of course! Thank you so much! °w°/
Updated 4 months ago #20773837

Phil_Liz
Regular Boarder

Phil_Liz

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 15
Location Austria

4 months ago
Nevermind, got my answer already :D
Updated 4 months ago #21246655

Memyandi
|ω・)
Regular Boarder

Memyandi

Online No
Level 19
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 188
Location Germany

4 months ago
Hi again, I'm so sorry for bothering again haha. I own this beautiful doujin artbook that's from a japanese origin but was made by non-japanese artists. The only info on anything like a circle I have is that it says on the 1st page:

"The collaboration was organized, financed, printed and published by DoujinPress.com!"
[ext link ] -> same logo, but I can't find my specific book on there.
The book itself also says every artist's nickname and DeviantArt but I feel like it's odd to add 13 entries to the encyclopedia just for this, and also it says in that sentence above that they "only" collaborated with DoujinPress who is rather the one that made (printed, published) the book.

Good enough to be added to the DB with DoujinPress as circle? Add all 13 artists to the encyclopedia? Or should I keep this one out?
Updated 4 months ago #21399204

theyasminshow
Hardboiled Heavy
Very Important Boarder

theyasminshow

Online No
Level 33
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 230
Location New York

4 months ago
Memyandi (4 months ago) #21399204Hi again, I'm so sorry for bothering again haha. I own this beautiful doujin artbook that's from a japanese origin but was made by non-japanese artists. The only info on anything like a circle I have is that it says on the 1st page:

"The collaboration was organized, financed, printed and published by DoujinPress.com!"
[ext link ] -> same logo, but I can't find my specific book on there.
The book itself also says every artist's nickname and DeviantArt but I feel like it's odd to add 13 entries to the encyclopedia just for this, and also it says in that sentence above that they "only" collaborated with DoujinPress who is rather the one that made (printed, published) the book.

Good enough to be added to the DB with DoujinPress as circle? Add all 13 artists to the encyclopedia? Or should I keep this one out?

I'm looking into DoujinPress... they're a US-based group that works as a Toranoana shopping middleman/doujin printer that also serves as a publisher role to control licensing issues. Since it's published in the US I don't think it can be added, as has been the case with other books, and DP isn't a circle for anything they put out, just a printer/acting publisher... This is veering offtopic but their setup doesn't seem comfy to me.
http://theyasminshow.com/mfc/fuck_imgur/woosersig.png
- not that I was obsessed with it, I just needed to get it -

Memyandi
|ω・)
Regular Boarder

Memyandi

Online No
Level 19
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 188
Location Germany

4 months ago
theyasminshow (4 months ago) #21404332... and DP isn't a circle for anything they put out, just a printer/acting publisher...
Thanks for the reply!! Yeah that's the important part - I knew they were from the US but the origin my artbook is from is japanese, I just wasn't sure whether to interpret them as a circle... since they had the idea, organized, collected, printed, published and (exclusively) sold it. I thought that may qualify them as a manufacturer/circle (and again, the origin is japanese) but I wasn't sure at all either so no prob if it doesn't and thank you very much for the help. :)

FoolyDooly
Regular Boarder

FoolyDooly

Online No
Level 14
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 763
Location ALL OVER ...

4 months ago
Memyandi (4 months ago) #21399204theyasminshow (4 months ago) #21404332I wouldn't list them as publisher, and they're not technically the first distributor either (which is the term we use as Publisher here), honestly, so it wouldn't make sense to list them. If you got it from them it's one thing to list the availability on the sales date, but it's not like they're re-publishing it, or has it exclusively. (The exclusivity of Melon and Tora goods to be able to list them as "publisher" is very well debatable either direction, but I think that's a topic we shouldn't touch right now.) It'd be like trying to list AmiAmi for selling Koto goods as "publisher", unless of course, they have exclusive merch from Koto that AmiAmi would only have (but Ami also has their own fig line so that also wouldn't make sense at all).

Technically, we should list Fakku and co. instead when the books and goods get brought over and gets licensed through them, but we're not allowed to list -ANY- from Fakku and their friends, as an example.
Updated 4 months ago #21436357

Betka
Regular Boarder

Betka

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 2

3 months ago
Hello! I have a question about Harry Potter Rubber Straps from Movic. Here's picture of them: [ext link ]
Why aren't they allowed into database? I remember that they used to be in database but dissapeared one day.
They are from Movic which is company from Japan and althought Harry Potter is foreign franchraise, they should still be allowed into database. If not, can somebody explain me why? I'm just curious.

theyasminshow
Hardboiled Heavy
Very Important Boarder

theyasminshow

Online No
Level 33
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 230
Location New York

3 months ago
Betka (3 months ago) #21637246Hello! I have a question about Harry Potter Rubber Straps from Movic. Here's picture of them: [ext link ]
Why aren't they allowed into database? I remember that they used to be in database but dissapeared one day.
They are from Movic which is company from Japan and althought Harry Potter is foreign franchraise, they should still be allowed into database. If not, can somebody explain me why? I'm just curious.

*Goods* must be of Japanese origin, so there is an ongoing sweep of goods from non-Japanese IPs (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Disney, etc.)
http://theyasminshow.com/mfc/fuck_imgur/woosersig.png
- not that I was obsessed with it, I just needed to get it -

« Prev   1 76 77 78 79 80 81 82   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.