Regular Boarder

Taralen

Online No
Level 22
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 296
Location United St...

3 years ago
I spent $30 on shipping for a package from the Netherlands for one item with tracking and for some reason it's taking forever to arrive. I know there are delays because of Holiday stuff but I'm really annoyed that I check the tracking and it's been saying the same thing for more than a week now.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7010/badshipping.th.png

Can someone tell me what "Shipment Sorted" means and why has it said that for days now? It should have arrived.
It's either a huge delay or really crappy shipping services. Is European international shipping just absolutely terrible with unfair prices or something? Because I pay about the same for EMS and get it at SAL Small Packet pace. =_=

Also where it says addressee shouldn't it say my address? >_< That's not my address at all.
Taralen
Updated 3 years ago #767852

Wildstar
Very Important Boarder

Wildstar

Online No
Level 18
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 599
Location Portugal

3 years ago
It says right there. Your shipment is enroute to the US, and should arrive there (at US shores) in 4-7 workdays. 7 workdays from 22 is next Monday...

You can also track that on USPS's site, it may show up there earlier.
Japanese radishes are usually attached to the secret in substitution for the weapon of the version.
Updated 3 years ago #767879

De-JaY
Teitoku
Administrator

De-JaY

Online No
Level 28
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 1298
Location Berlin, G...

3 years ago
Yes, European intl. shipping is super expensive. (Especially from Germany)
http://dejay.iplanet.at/Yuuko%20Sig%202.png
Die Glocke, sie ertönt. Bis in die unendliche Zukunft. Fliege hoch, hoch in den Himmel. Auch wenn du keine Flügel hast.
Updated 3 years ago #767880

Taralen
Sinbad Hoarder
Regular Boarder

Taralen

Online No
Level 22
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 296
Location United St...

3 years ago
WildstarIt says right there. Your shipment is enroute to the US, and should arrive there (at US shores) in 4-7 workdays. 7 workdays from 22 is next Monday...

You can also track that on USPS's site, it may show up there earlier.

That is so ridiculously slow. I expected faster considering the price I paid. This is like SAL small packet. Dl What a waste of money.
Taralen

Wildstar
Very Important Boarder

Wildstar

Online No
Level 18
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 599
Location Portugal

3 years ago
Well, yes. "CC" is plain airmail, I believe, thus equivalent to SAL.
Japanese radishes are usually attached to the secret in substitution for the weapon of the version.

Taralen
Sinbad Hoarder
Regular Boarder

Taralen

Online No
Level 22
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 296
Location United St...

3 years ago
WildstarWell, yes. "CC" is plain airmail, I believe, thus equivalent to SAL.

Then why the #$%^ did I pay $30 for SAL level mail? I paid $30 shipping for an item from France once and got it in a few days. Was I rip offed?
Taralen

Wildstar
Very Important Boarder

Wildstar

Online No
Level 18
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 599
Location Portugal

3 years ago
That's because PostNL aparently rips people off as much as USPS: (ext link) .
Rather than starting at 750g or something, their minimum charge is for 2kg... Minimum 24,30€ for tracked international package.

I assume, of course, since I can't read dutch ^^''
Updated 3 years ago #769269

4Arnd
4ア一ンド
Administrator

4Arnd

Online No
Level 26
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 2164
Location United Ki...

3 years ago
WildstarThat's because PostNL aparently rips people off as much as USPS: (ext link) .
Rather than starting at 750g or something, their minimum charge is for 2kg... Minimum 24,30€ for tracked international package.

Yes, that is the general gist of it I've gatherered from the NL website as well.

I'm afraid, you just have to sit and wait until you will see an update on either the Dutch or the USPS website.
https://www.facebookbrand.com/img/assets/asset.f.logo.lg.png . https://abs.twimg.com/a/1381432172/images/resources/twitter-bird-white-on-blue.png

Taralen
Sinbad Hoarder
Regular Boarder

Taralen

Online No
Level 22
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 296
Location United St...

3 years ago
4ArndWildstarThat's because PostNL aparently rips people off as much as USPS: (ext link) .

Yes, that is the general gist of it I've gatherered from the NL website as well.

I'm afraid, you just have to sit and wait until you will see an update on either the Dutch or the USPS website.

So lame. =_=
Taralen

Vito
Regular Boarder

Vito

Online No
Level 11
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 119
Location Slovenia

3 years ago
Well, that's how we feel when we order from the States, we pay $30 to get tracking, your post office has shite prices just as well (and people even refuse to use the cheapest option because the package tend to get lost).

Besides that, you do realize you got something shipped during the busiest part of the year? It's been 5 business days with holidays in between, so make a guess...

Aside from that, unless you pay for express that's always a factor of luck involved how fast you'll get your shipment.
Updated 3 years ago #769324

clautjejoepie
Regular Boarder

clautjejoepie

Online No
Level 15
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 30
Location the Nethe...

3 years ago
I happen to live in the Netherlands and even I agree...

POSTNL (or TNT as it was called before/called now for international shipping) is not only expensive, but also pretty much slow and clumsy.

I've had shipments within the netherlands that could only be send to me by POSTNL

I think out of the 9 packages they were supposed to deliver;

2 came on time, at the right address and in good condition

3 came in after two weeks while the tracking service promised me two DAYS

2 packages were delivered on the wrong address being somewhere on the other side of my town.

1 package came in a horrible state (box ripped open and not taped back up so the contents had fallen out and were damaged very badly as well (they said they had to check it for suspicious products etc. I got a refunds on the shipping costs of € 6,75 while the damaged goods were the problem and cost me about € 79

1 package hadn't been delivered after a month, so I called them and they said they had already delivered it. So they checked it and yes, it was stated as delivered to my address. I asked at what time and it was at a time I was at my work so I told them immediately. Guess what? They shoved it into our old doggy house in the front yard... at least they kept it dry that way -__-;

I now always ask if shipping by DHL is possible to avoid this stuff...

Taralen
Sinbad Hoarder
Regular Boarder

Taralen

Online No
Level 22
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 296
Location United St...

2 years ago
clautjejoepieI happen to live in the Netherlands and even I agree...

POSTNL (or TNT as it was called before/called now for international shipping) is not only expensive, but also pretty much slow and clumsy.

I've had shipments within the netherlands that could only be send to me by POSTNL

I think out of the 9 packages they were supposed to deliver;

2 came on time, at the right address and in good condition

3 came in after two weeks while the tracking service promised me two DAYS

2 packages were delivered on the wrong address being somewhere on the other side of my town.

1 package came in a horrible state (box ripped open and not taped back up so the contents had fallen out and were damaged very badly as well (they said they had to check it for suspicious products etc. I got a refunds on the shipping costs of € 6,75 while the damaged goods were the problem and cost me about € 79

1 package hadn't been delivered after a month, so I called them and they said they had already delivered it. So they checked it and yes, it was stated as delivered to my address. I asked at what time and it was at a time I was at my work so I told them immediately. Guess what? They shoved it into our old doggy house in the front yard... at least they kept it dry that way -__-;

I now always ask if shipping by DHL is possible to avoid this stuff...

That's horrible. :/
Taralen

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.