Danganronpa ClubDanganronpa Clubダンガンロンパクラブ | For all despair loving fans of the DR series!

aeonblue
SHSL Procrastinator
Moderator + Super High School Level

aeonblue

Online No
Level 34
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 1965
Location Australia

1 year ago
Gah! I realised I should have made this a loooong time ago (at least well before it ended haha) but better late than never?

What are everyone's thoughts on the anime? Love it? Hate it?

gloom
Regular Boarder

gloom

Online No
Level 11
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 10

1 year ago
I'm currently in the process of forgetting it exists :'D
DR3 continued to prove each week the third in a trilogy is always the worst but that was just absurdly disappointing.
I hope there were people who liked it (bc no one I know did.) I'm happy for them and a bit jealous. :T

leopika
Regular Boarder

leopika

Online No
Level 7
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 4

1 year ago
i agree w/gloom, i was extremely disappointed overall bc the plot twists were lame and predictable and there were too many inconsistencies with other canon material and they honestly spent too much time focusing on new characters to give a proper resolution to the characters we've already known and loved for years. it got to a certain point where i felt more stressed and exhausted about new episodes than excited, it's draining when this happens with something you've been invested in for a long time. it's honestly just one of those installments where after it's all over i just think "was there even any point to that".

there WERE things that i liked about it but i just get depressed thinking about everything it could have been that it wasn't tbh.

however, i really did like kibou-hen! i definitely don't think it was perfect considering it's supposed to be the wrap-up of the whole HPA story because i think there's a lot they didn't resolve properly but View spoilerHide spoilerafter years of attachment to those characters and seeing them suffer so much, i was ecstatic to see them all alive and well (in fact... i was literally sobbing and screaming when it showed them all) and now i'll always feel a sense of happiness when i play sdr2 knowing that ultimately they get a happy ending! i think it was really nice for kodaka to give fans some closure with that after everything, and of course it's also a huge relief that the original survivors of dr1 all made it out as well
Updated 1 year ago #15126090

tomatoofdoom
Regular Boarder

tomatoofdoom

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 4
Location Hell

1 year ago
leopika (1 year ago) #15126090i agree w/gloom, i was extremely disappointed overall bc the plot twists were lame and predictable and there were too many inconsistencies with other canon material and they honestly spent too much time focusing on new characters to give a proper resolution to the characters we've already known and loved for years. it got to a certain point where i felt more stressed and exhausted about new episodes than excited, it's draining when this happens with something you've been invested in for a long time. it's honestly just one of those installments where after it's all over i just think "was there even any point to that".

there WERE things that i liked about it but i just get depressed thinking about everything it could have been that it wasn't tbh.

however, i really did like kibou-hen! i definitely don't think it was perfect considering it's supposed to be the wrap-up of the whole HPA story because i think there's a lot they didn't resolve properly but View spoilerHide spoilerafter years of attachment to those characters and seeing them suffer so much, i was ecstatic to see them all alive and well (in fact... i was literally sobbing and screaming when it showed them all) and now i'll always feel a sense of happiness when i play sdr2 knowing that ultimately they get a happy ending! i think it was really nice for kodaka to give fans some closure with that after everything, and of course it's also a huge relief that the original survivors of dr1 all made it out as well

Those are mostly my thoughts as well. I especially dislike how there was so little focus on the DR2 cast despite Zetsubouhen supposedly being about them, and that they retconned Junko's involvement with each of them individually and just made it "hurr let's just brainwash them all at once!!" I also really feel that adding Chiaki in Zetsubouhen was a mistake (as much as I like her) because of how it cheapened several things that happened in DR2. They really just took a lazy way out for everything instead of tying things together in a way that's still consistent with what we know from the games. Mitarai is probably my most hated character in the series now simply because of the fact that he introduced ~*brainwashing anime*~ which the plot used in the most boring and lazy ways possible, rofl.

There were some things that I liked a lot (especially Juzo, it's been a while since I've seen a character be redeemed so well haha), but overall it was a pretty big disappointment for me :( I tried really hard to like it since I love the games *A LOT*, but there were just too many problems amid the good parts and a lot of potential for really cool moments that was wasted.
The only part that I'm going to consider canon is the DR2 cast getting their happy ending :P At least watching Kibouhen was definitely worth it for that.
(I have to admit that all the parts involving Nagito made sitting through this thing worth it for me though in the end :x hahaha)
Updated 1 year ago #15126412

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.