Hyung Tae Kim FCJoin the club of the most famous korean character-designer
Hyung-Tae Kim (born February, 1978, Seoul) is a Korean artist.
Kim is an artist in the manhwa style. His latest artworks use a deformation technique where Kim disregards anatomical accuracy to achieve a specific feel to the character.
He has designed characters for video games such as the Magna Carta series and the later installments of the War of Genesis series (War of Genesis: Tempest, War of Genesis III and War of Genesis III: Part 2).
In 2009, Kim also designed characters of SoftMax's Magna Carta 2.
Kim began his video games career working in the field of background music, then shifted to art and design. He has branched out into the comic book industry, serving as a guest cover artist, and has contributed to the Udon street fighter series.
Kim is currently working on an MMORPG named Blade & Soul in NCsoft. Blade & Soul is an Asian martial arts fantasy with cultural influences mainly from the Korean culture. Though it was said that he would not be an artwork illustrator but an art director, Kim appears to also handle illustrations as all artwork released for the game up to now has been by him.
Books containing Tae-Hyung Kim's illustrations
- Comickers Art Style Vol. 1: Color Technique
- OXIDE 2: Carta Numinous: Kim Hyung Tae: The Second Works
- OXIDE 2x: Kim Hyung-Tae Illustrations
- Act III: Scene 8
- Io: Art of the Wired
- Ragnarok Online Official Fan Book
- Range Murata's Robot Vol. 05
- Japanese Comickers 2: Draw Manga and Anime Like Japan's Hottest Artists
- KOREAN illustration
- APPLE Vol. 1
Sources : [ext link ]
View more // Comments (15)
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
View moreMembers (93)
7 hours ago
11 hours ago
4 years ago
2 years ago
10 days ago
View moreRelated Pictures (50)
View moreRelated Items (20)
- Magna Carta - Reith (Bandai)
- Magna Carta - Calintz (Bandai)
- Magna Carta - Eonis Milan (Bandai)
- Magna Carta - Reith - 1/6 (T's System)
- Blade & Soul - Jin Seo Yeon - Badge (Contents Seed)