HomeArticlesArticle #12967Comments

New But TryingComments • New But Trying

katsudon Play-Along Tsukkomi
    Floura (4 years ago) #2006323That's what my sister and I want to get Katsudon. But we don't have an Ikea around here, and they don't ship to our area. I looked on amazon and other places for a Ikea Detolf but they are WAY too much... ):

Well, there are plenty of nice alternatives! (you're going to have to ask around though, I can't think of any off the top of my head at the moment)

FreezerBurn (4 years ago) #200864164.99 dang. It's 79.99 where I live. He's right though, Detolf from IKEA or SAGA from JYSK are great for your figures. LED lights for them are around 30-40 dollars - for me anyways. I grabbed the DIODER type LED ones, 4 come in a pack and I think 2 lights per curio is good enough, so leaves another 2 for the next curio.

Haha, I guess I should be grateful they're cheaper here then! =D I've been using the DIODERs as well, and I'm liking them despite that looping the wires around the poles is kinda a pain. Was hoping they had a white glow instead of a pale orangey one though, but it's not that big of a deal, it looks good regardless.
    4 years ago
    katsudon (4 years ago) #2006256Getting an Ikea Detolf is good if you're looking for a glass case, they're fairly sturdy and aren't too expensive either. It starts adding up if you get multiple and adding LED lights in them however. But before you cross that bridge, a Detolf will only cost you $64.99!

4 years ago
    4 years ago
    katsudon Play-Along Tsukkomi
    4 years ago
    Keripo 「ケリポ」
    You mentioned glass cases... that's definitely something you'll want to keep in mind budget wise! Like how BJDs also come with the "cost" of buying expensive outfits, carrying bags, wig maintenance tools, etc., once you start collecting a lot of figures, you'll want to display then nicely and may end up buying expensive glass cabinets, raisers, lighting, dusting tools, etc. Prepare yourself xD

~Keripo
    4 years ago
    Floura (4 years ago) #2005131Don't know much about the ramen they should have there WonderWaffle lol. But it is a fun con, and I sent in panel info for a BJD panel. So I hope I get to do one this year. :)do post pics next time! I'm really curious now on how different it can be with the NY comic con
    4 years ago
    4 years ago
    sarunamirabu is married to Ookurikara
    Yup, everyone starts somewhere \o/ Welcome to the hobby ~*~*~*

Oh trust me, after a while this hobby is just as bad as BJDs; the money I've spent I could've had a whole family of them instead of just 2 and buy like a MSD every month (lol) ヽ(´o`;
    4 years ago
    RamenCon? lol what a name. Do they have many types of ramen there too aside from figures and stuff? XD
    4 years ago
Anime, Figures and Manga For Less!