HomeArticlesArticle #18347Comments

When Post Office Can't Find Your Stuff...[Update:   Found!]Comments • When Post Office Can't Find Your Stuff...[Update: Found!]

Yukinaoni (3 years ago) #2500651Are you sure the delivery person didn't just put the note there and then put your stuff in front of your door without ringing the bell? In rushy times like the holidays, sometimes those delivery people are like ghost and leave your stuff on your front door where many grabby hands could just walk off with your stuff.

Geez, they do this in your country? I would kill them.
    I hear stories of delivery man throwing the package over a wall instead of ring the bell, though. And this is terrible - but let the package in front of your door is even worse because anyone can take it.
    3 years ago
    All you can do is try to open a claim with USPS. I've had a package that was never attempted and was just going to be returned (TO KOREA) and I had to call and try to stop it (i had gone to my post office first thing in the morning, but they had already sent it) and I've had one where they plum didn't know where it was (not just delayed because I used registered, they made it to the US and then, who knows what). Mine just appeared randomly a few weeks later (it wasn't a figure, but it was damn annoying)

You're doing your best I think. I would start asking for details. Not "it's going to appear tomorrow," but where is it, where is the post office it's coming from so I can pick it up. That sort of thing. Unfortunately, shipping in the US is a joke.
    3 years ago
    I didn't actually lost a package, but it took extra 6 weeks for me to get a package than what was expected. For whatever reason, portion of the shipping label had been torn off which made the whole problem.
    Lazy, post office didn't contact anyone even though the contact information was still intact.
    I had to email them 3 times and called 2 times for them to actually do something about it.
    Good thing it was registered or they would had just kept it.
    It was SAL, so didn't get any compensation for late shipment.
    At least it had not been sent back to the seller, or it would been more problem for me.
    After that I only use registered shipping.
    3 years ago
    Kawoshin More male figures, plz!
    WanderingWastrel (3 years ago) #2500663My post office hasn't completely lost a package of mine, but once they -- or actually, the regional sorting center -- didn't know where it was for a week or so. I did get it, eventually.
    But the thing with the pink slips is why I rent a private mailbox from the local UPS Store. The store's always open for delivery, they email me when a package arrives, and they stay open late enough for me to pick things up after work. Plus I don't have to worry about a delivery driver just dumping a package in front of my door, and someone stealing it before I get home.
    If they can't find your package, ask the postal staff about how to make a claim. And then ask them for the number of the local Postal Inspector office. That's the post office's police force (yes, the U.S. post office has their own police force) and they handle cases of postal theft. The local staff should definitely find your package then, if it's in there.

Yeah a PO box is a good idea, and thanks for the other tips!
    3 years ago
    Kawoshin More male figures, plz!

Nope, that's the purpose of the pink slips. The mail carriers leave them in the place of the package. They return them back to the local PO for pick-up the following day.

It's usually a more-than-reliable system. It prevents thievery from dishonest neighbors and such.

And I actually talked to my mail carrier when I went to the PO the first time. He was quite apologetic and said that he should've just left the registered packages but because they required signatures he didn't. Ironic, too, since I got two small unregistered packages left in the door that the same day, lol.

Edited for clarity and my horrible grammar xD
    3 years ago

3 years ago
    3 years ago
Second hand waifus deserve a second chance at laifu!