Comments What is art for you?

Anime Figure Store
  • bkc5 years ago#2512241
    a couple of months ago, i was walking along the parking lanes around my apartment complex in the early afternoon. there was a light breeze, and just a few feet in front of me a leaf fell from a nearby tree. it was a small and narrow leaf, light brown, nothing seemingly extraordinary about it. but i watched it as it fell, spinning and whirling about in the wind. and i thought to myself....i'll never see anything made by human beings more beautiful than that simple little leaf, spinning about and falling to the ground in the early autumn of that clear day.

In-very great-deed: www.youtube.com...

I love this point of view you bring. Beauty of life, of everything that surrounds us. My gosh, thanks everybody for all your point of views and opinion! :) It's nice we can have a communities where people won't thrash at each other. :) Thank you for all this respect, understanding, opened spirits, and great communication. :) If the world could be more like this. If the people in general would just force themself to try to listen a little more, perhaps they'd notice art much more easily, and would get their mind to opened a little more...

Lol, anyways, Ive disgressed so much. Nice conv. anyways :)
    5 years ago
    I've always found it interesting how different peoples' taste/preference for art can vary from one another and how a singular piece of artwork can conjure up an array of different emotions and feelings depending on the person.

On the flip side though, I don't necessarily believe that every piece of art has some deep-rooted meaning or emotion behind it. Sometimes a piece of artwork is just that, a piece of artwork.
    5 years ago
    Art is a beautiful way for someone to express themselves. For me, my art is music. I can play the piano and all my emotions just fly out of my fingertips and my hands are dancing on the keyboard faster than I can think! Everyone has their own form of art. Art in general is anything gorgeous or though-provoking enough that makes people feel a reverent emotion, or it takes them back to the memory of another emotion. It can be nature, it can drawings, writing, figure collecting, etc.
    5 years ago
    art is craftsmanship; art is black magic; art is a study and a discipline; art is boredom finding something to do; art is what we wish for; art is an escape from the everyday; art is just something to pay the bills (for some people).

though if you ask the gerogerigegege: art is over.

5 years ago
    ifob85 years ago#2512158Seems when communities are becoming too big, such as Deviantart, some rude people will commence to appear... Or perhaps its just because Deviantart is a site that reunites many people even if not absolutely passioned by art, in all of its form, and therefore making them judge easily things...
    DeviantArt is a terrible place.

Art is a thing that is created using a medium, intended to evoke an emotion and made for visual, tactile, or auditory appreciation. So it could be a painting, a sculpture, a story, a song... The list is nearly endless.
    To be art, I believe it must evoke an emotion. Even if that emotion is as simple as something like "this landscape is lovely. I feel happy looking at it."

One person might want their art to be easy to consume and pleasant, another might want to be challenged by it. Neither is wrong.
    5 years ago
    Art is a blast!
    5 years ago
    pyramidcat5 years ago#2512075I used to post all of my new sailor moon garage kits on deviantart sailor moon groups a few years ago but many people would post or message me that they did not think building garage kits qualified as “art” because I was “just” painting them and someone else (the original sculptor) did the real art in the figure.
    I also sculpt my own figures and many people would tell me that I should just do sculpture and forget about garage kits because sculptures are true art.
    So garage kits are still “art” to me even though I did not create the whole entire figure. Just like how the doll artists that do the face-ups are real artists too. I wish I can paint faces like some of the amazing BJDs I see. But if the same thinking is taking into account, then it would be like saying, because they did not sculpt the doll head itself, that the amazing face-up does not count as art.
    So for me, art is something that is created by someone else using a “medium”. But that can encompass many things besides painting and sculpting. Figure photography is art too because you are creating that still image by choosing the lighting, the posing (including choosing the figure accessories) and the angle, etc and the “medium” would be photography in that case.

5 years ago
    hatchetsforhands5 years ago#2512058
    Art is meant to heal, and not to hurt. It is a catharsis.
    Art also reflects the time in which it was made, whether intentional or not.

Interesting! :D
    5 years ago
    ifob85 years ago#2512109Hmmm personally I think we all have this talent, but expressing it in our own means.

haha yeah. sometimes i have this idea about making fan art about combining two anime characters into one, but the result is usually only slightly better than stick figures
    5 years ago
    What is art? Well, there really is no solid definition for art since its nature and perspective are constantly changing, so nothing can really define what is entirely. For example, photography, when it comes to taking pictures of figures, it can be considered art, but that doesn't mean all picture taken of figures are art(for example, stock photos taken to show what a product will look like). I believe it's up to you to decide on what works you put together is art and what isn't. The meaning and work behind each piece always varies, and only the photographer/sculptor/painter/etc knows the true value of their work.

But that's just my opinion :)
    5 years ago