HomeArticlesArticle #19216Comments

Match #4
    [125] ITEM #144354 12. Kirigiri Kyouko, Monokuma [Phat Comapany]
    [028] ITEM #167033 10. Matoi Ryuuko, Senketsu [MegaHouse]

Semifinals:
    [ 1. Benten ] Vs. [ 3. Hatsune Miku ]
    [ 12. Kirigiri Kyouko, Monokuma ] Vs. [ 14. Dark Angel Olivia ]

Poll ended with 153 votes!

03 - [1]Benten - [2]Sallya - [3]Hatsune Miku - [10]Matoi Ryuuko, Senketsu
    21 - [1]Benten - [2]Sallya - [3]Hatsune Miku - [12] Kirigiri Kyouko, Monokuma
    00 - [1]Benten - [2]Sallya - [9]Levi - [10]Matoi Ryuuko, Senketsu
    10 - [1]Benten - [2]Sallya - [9]Levi - [12] Kirigiri Kyouko, Monokuma
    05 - [1]Benten - [14]Dark Angel Olivia - [3]Hatsune Miku - [10]Matoi Ryuuko, Senketsu
    42 - [1]Benten - [14]Dark Angel Olivia - [3]Hatsune Miku - [12] Kirigiri Kyouko, Monokuma
    05 - [1]Benten - [14]Dark Angel Olivia - [9]Levi - [10]Matoi Ryuuko, Senketsu
    15 - [1]Benten - [14]Dark Angel Olivia - [9]Levi - [12] Kirigiri Kyouko, Monokuma
    05 - [11]Elf - [2]Sallya - [3]Hatsune Miku - [10]Matoi Ryuuko, Senketsu
    09 - [11]Elf - [2]Sallya - [3]Hatsune Miku - [12] Kirigiri Kyouko, Monokuma
    02 - [11]Elf - [2]Sallya - [9]Levi - [10]Matoi Ryuuko, Senketsu
    04 - [11]Elf - [2]Sallya - [9]Levi - [12] Kirigiri Kyouko, Monokuma
    07 - [11]Elf - [14]Dark Angel Olivia - [3]Hatsune Miku - [10]Matoi Ryuuko, Senketsu
    19 - [11]Elf - [14]Dark Angel Olivia - [3]Hatsune Miku - [12] Kirigiri Kyouko, Monokuma
    01 - [11]Elf - [14]Dark Angel Olivia - [9]Levi - [10]Matoi Ryuuko, Senketsu
    05 - [11]Elf - [14]Dark Angel Olivia - [9]Levi - [12] Kirigiri Kyouko, Monokuma
    5 years ago
    And with this, my pick is out of the running. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though.

Also woe betide the figure that goes up against Benten...
    5 years ago
    Poor Elf had to face off against Benten.
    5 years ago
    ipwnboyz (5 years ago) #2615281On another level of fail perhaps? XD
    Sure her design and prototype are marvelous, but sadly, I can't say the same for the released product.
    ANY good quality figure is better than a poor quality controlled one in my opinion, no matter how stunning it looks in comparison.

I much agree a poor quality control figure, no matter how awesome looking in pics, is worse than a simple well QC figure.

Olivia is the first figure I regretted buying (and I sold her) due to terrible quality control. She falls apart and has zero shading, and not well panted to begin with.
    5 years ago
    ipwnboyz (5 years ago) #2615413- Glued base, her foot came off.
    - Her wings. Yes, as tight as they were they still came off on their own, probably due to weight not being well distributed. I tried pushing them back in but they were slowly pulling out regardless.
    - Her torso, due to the wing's weight, leaned backward, not being fully connected.
    All of these issues could only be resolved with the usage of glue. The figure would not stand sturdy by itself. While I do like most of Koto's figures, and will still buy many more from them, this one's doesn't deserve any praise coming from me.

Sorry to hear about that. I can definitly understand your reaction, not sure how I would have reacted if mine was like that.
    5 years ago
    Azyx (5 years ago) #2615371And what exactly fell apart? The glued base?
    - Glued base, her foot came off.

5 years ago
    Azyx (5 years ago) #2615316I do hope Hatsune Miku will offer Benten a decent battle if both win this round. I personnally prefer what GSC did with Miku than what MF did with Benten.
    Benten vs Miku is gonna be an interesting battle.

Azyx (5 years ago) #2615316EDIT: And about Sallya Vs. Dark Angel Olivia, the poll isn't finished, in the monthly poll Dark Angel Olivia was in advance during a few days (2-4) before Sallya passed her.
    Dun dun dun :p
    5 years ago
    ipwnboyz (5 years ago) #2615352What I expected was to have a figure that wouldn't fall apart which is, I believe, the strict minimum of what one's should expect for that high of a price tag.

And what exactly fell apart? The glued base?
    5 years ago
    Azyx (5 years ago) #2615316She's still a great and impressive figure, seems like people expected more than they should have, it was done by Kotobukiya, not MF or Alter.
    5 years ago
    ipwnboyz (5 years ago) #2615281On another level of fail perhaps? XD

She's still a great and impressive figure, seems like people expected more than they should have, it was done by Kotobukiya, not MF or Alter. For me she's good enought, but maybe I was lucky on mine as I don't really have any major paint screw up and so far I don't have any problem with her base either. As for Sallya, she's nice, the QC was excellent, but I'm totally indifferent to her, her sculpt and pose doesn't appeal to me, there's also something bothering me about her and I can't seem to find what.

kevinlowl (5 years ago) #2615161Even with the quality control issues? But it doesn't matter anyway, Benten will own them all, haha :p

Though QC wise, Benten isn't the best thing MF produced. The silver thing on his leg got downgraded in the final product.

5 years ago
    FirstPrev12NextLast
The world's finest hobby kits and toys, direct from Japan.