HomeArticlesArticle #19430Comments

Purchasing nendoroid partsComments • Purchasing nendoroid parts

Moro (3 years ago) #2634656Wow she has a weird stand. Did all really old nendos have stands like that?Yeah their heads used to be super heavy and would usually topple over. It wasn't until later they made the heads hollow and smaller.
    3 years ago
    GSC doesn't sell parts, much less parts for something that old--HOWEVER, I think you might want to just use a different stand.
    The one brandymallory linked is good (I have one, it supports a surprising amount of weight for how light it is) and a Bandai Tamashii Stage might also work. Both solutions are, thankfully, inexpensive.

Drossel(#081) was released with this kind of support, the standing is correct but very fragile. I hadn't seen the post of brandymallory and i think this is the more judicious choice finally.
    3 years ago
    ney (3 years ago) #2634639Yup but this is implying to modify the figure :/

There wasn't any implying, I literally said to modify it.

Alternatively, OP, there's quite a few really cheap Nendoroids that use this same base. So if it's that important you could always buy one for the base and sell the Nendoroid/Nendoroid parts.
    3 years ago
    Wow she has a weird stand. Did all really old nendos have stands like that?

3 years ago
    theyasminshow (3 years ago) #2634599Wait, why was this post alerted?
    GSC sells (sold?) nendo bases at their Akiba café, but that's standard bases. Old stuff pretty much has no support. If you already tried the split club, I'd try the Spare Parts club CLUB #572 or Yahoo! Japan Auctions, as there are a number of nendoroid part auctions - you'll need a proxy though. Barring that, it's DIY time.

There is also the possibility to find one in Nakano Broadway, but this is require to travel to Japan :P

Revien (3 years ago) #2634596You can always modify her to work with the newer bases. I've been considering doing this with my own Nendos that use older stands but have been too lazy. All you'd have to do is carefully dremel the correct sized hole in her back. And there are always open splits that have the new bases available. Yup but this is implying to modify the figure :/

A 3D printer would have been welcome for this kind of problem. Both solutions are acceptable, only depending on what you want.
    (GSC doesn't make longer this kind of part since a while)
    3 years ago
    theyasminshow Militant Missionary
    Wait, why was this post alerted?

3 years ago
    3 years ago
    You could try using a different stand, like a very short doll stand of some sort.

You COULD use the obitsu stand ITEM #71140 and just hook the claw around her waist or neck etc. She might need something to keep her feet stable (like putty mentioned below) but it's a cheap option, they're only 280yen and restock on the usual websites all the time.
    3 years ago
    I own this one as well, that base was so shitty it broke the first day. Unfortunately, GSC rarely has spare parts of even one year old figures, it's impossible they still have that base model which was dropped pretty quickly.

I don't have any advice to give you, when I display her, I simply fix her feet on the base with some putty, and I put something behind her head to make her stand.
    3 years ago