HomeArticlesArticle #25269Comments

Two Steps Forward, Two Step BackComments • Two Steps Forward, Two Step Back

My Okabe's elbow join broke just when I got him.. and I still feel terrible >_>
    2 years ago
    gundamuk Lewd, but never uncouth...
    I totally empathize with you on this! I have several full puni figures - they are a great addition to the poseable figure genre at the 1/8ish scale, bigger than Figma/Revoltech... but the joints and clothes are horrible to deal with and they are indeed fragile - I haven't broken any but a couple joints are barely intact now.

Once out of the package and posed my full puni figures tend to stay that way as returning them to packaged condition is just an exercise in futility
    2 years ago
    I broke the left wrist of ITEM #1431 not ten minutes after I've gotten him in the mail. ||OTL I had been trying to swap his default open hand for his sword-grip hand when the joint just went SNAP!. Frankly I felt like crying at that point. ;_;

For a good long while I just sticky-tacked his hand back in place and left it broken. Last year, I finally when in with a craft knife and dug the ball back out of the hole then pinned the ball back onto the hand with part of a paper clip. You can't actually any of the damage externally because it all inside the wrist joint, but it still makes me sad to know that I had broken it.

This happened partly because of my inexperience with changing figure parts (he and ITEM #1568 were my first figures, first equal because they were in the same order), and partly because of bad design. Later figures were redesigned to have a straight peg and hole instead of a ball and socket.

But this breakage instilled a sort of paranoia in me: now with all my figures I went and slightly filed down the pegs with a fingernail file so they don't fit so tightly. I'll probably never sell my figures, so I'd rather they're 'modified' so they're safer. The degree that I've filed them down is so slight that it's probably no worse than usual wear from changing parts frequently anyway. *shrug*
    2 years ago
    theyasminshow Militant Missionary
    I found a niche cold cast relic ITEM #108172 and broke it shortly after taking photos of it.

Initially I was very shaken up by it, but then I got over it. The fact is, for such a rare and limited figure, it was done pretty poorly. The bottom isn't completely flat, but somewhat rounded (which is ridiculous considering there's no base for it to attach to) and the paint job is pretty awful save for the face. From then I realized that perhaps the reason some older figures are that hard to find is because they've already fallen apart, and there's just less units in existence period. :\
    2 years ago
    I bought a cold cast Sephiroth ITEM #1148 back in the days and i was clumsy and it slipped out of my hands. The hair piece broke so i super glued it back on but it still haunts me so i bought another one. Stupid me was fiddling with the new one and the clothing part came off.....i just stopped and put those two figures back in their boxes and tried to forget about it after that.
    2 years ago
    isn't the figure quality so great, isn't it improving so much >.>

joking aside. Don't you have extra joints? You might be able to 'drill' it out with a really small drill. It happened to a figma that I used to have. I just drilled it out and jammed in a new joint.
    I'm not really a action figure fan tho, just because I can't really find a wanted pose and for me they just sit there anyway. Figures are for display for me
    2 years ago
    Awww that's too bad!!! D: I'm super happy you got your grail though!! (twice :P) I'm sure the new one you get will be fine!! Maybe someone knows of a site that has action figure joints or something or maybe there's a way of fixing it?

Off topic I've been meaning to message you to tell you that I got the Cattleya Nendo and the Megahouse scale. I love the scale to pieces!! I did not expect her to become a fave of mine from the show, she's so nice and a super strong person. I completely understand why she's your fave!! ^__^
    2 years ago
Second hand waifus deserve a second chance at laifu!