HomeArticlesArticle #25334Comments

Hora Dekita! Ringo Ame DIY kit ReviewComments • Hora Dekita! Ringo Ame DIY kit Review

VioFitz (3 years ago) #5094665I found them looks funny & weird but, when you said about how they taste, the more I want to try that honestly.

They're pretty cheap! I recommend to try them at least once, but the DIY part is nothing to be impressed about, lol!
    3 years ago
    3 years ago
    Macavy (3 years ago) #4826873The green ones? I do, but I didn't taste them in the candy. I've never had a candy apple though, so maybe that was it.

Yeah, I meant the green ones. :) I had a candy apple twice, but wasn't completely crazy about it. Is was sweet coating and sprinkles on top of a sweet apple. Also the 2nd time I got one was in summer and I was getting followed by wasps and other insects, NOT FUN! That experience made me stop ever wanting an real candy apple again. xD
    3 years ago
    MaakieYeah, they were sour apples! I like sour apples, you never eat those? :O
    3 years ago
    mickeydeerho (3 years ago) #4766771Another fun set! Very simple this time. I was thinking the candy itself looked to be soft and chewy. Your country's holiday snacks looks pretty good too, heh.

Nope, the candy had a very different structure and taste than I expected!

And hehe, the temptation is so high for those because I drive by so much stands selling these snacks daily! Must...resist...until..the...actual...holiday...starts...! or shortly after when everything gets discounts. xD

Macavy (3 years ago) #4814432And here I thought they were cake pops lol.
    I didn't taste apple at all when eating these, but that's cool now that I know what they are.

Yeah, they were sour apples! I like sour apples, you never eat those? :O
    3 years ago
    And here I thought they were cake pops lol.
    3 years ago
    3 years ago
    victorviper (3 years ago) #4723395I first scanned through the pictures without reading anything, and I thought this was going to be a DIY dango set. As it happens, it wasn't but surely such a thing exists?

Yes! From the same manufacturer is also a dango set:

I want to try out that one too! :) I have no clue if it's sweet or has a realistic taste. I'm pretty sure the steps you have to follow are (almost) the same.
    3 years ago
    3 years ago
    mukyuu (3 years ago) #4723336This seems like easy enough I would try doing myself! These kits seem delicious but too hard and too few for the effort, even though they are really cute. Reminds me I have been drinking apple christmas soda which is pink and sour (and extremely sweet somehow which is taking me days to finish a 1,5l bottle lol). Which seasonal foods do you have Netherlands?

It's true that with most sets you end up with not much food or candy in the end. I think a lot of the price of the production costs also goes into the pretty packaging, mixing trays and that most of them come with a lot of different parts.

Apple christmas soda sounds nice! Is it like apple juice/lemonade with bubbles? We have something like that as alternative for non-alchol champagne.

Currently it's almost "Sinterklaas" here, which is the Netherlands (and Belgiums) own version of Christmas. It is associated with foods/snacks like this:

With things such as decorated cake and cookies, special chocolates and small candies. :) Most of the cookies are with ginger, cinnamon and other likewise herbs. Cookies and cakes get decorated with almonds and are baked in special shapes. The last few months of the year are always good here because there is so much nice stuff to snack. xD
    3 years ago
    FirstPrev12NextLast
Second hand waifus deserve a second chance at laifu!