HomeArticlesArticle #27628Comments

Nendoroid DIY face (updated)Comments • Nendoroid DIY face (updated)

I have two of the con exclusive blank faceplates that I drew on with their supplies (like, sharpies and stuff) and the color has bled out and turned purple/etc. What do you suggest I use to remove the crappy faces? And/or if I sent them to you would you customize them? :P
    1 year ago
    M-Linfa (2 years ago) #8831324Yes I do, if your wanted expression does not requiere a noseless faceplate (because I ran out of those)

How much do you reckon it would be to do this Nico face: blog-imgs-51.fc... or this Nozomi face: i.imgur.com/p2B... and ship it to the UK? I'm saving up for Alter's Nozomi right now but I'm really interested in these so if the price isn't too bad I might have to set aside some money for one :)
    2 years ago
    xxigirisuxx (2 years ago) #8829441These are so cool! Do you do commissions?

2 years ago
    These are so cool! Do you do commissions?
    2 years ago
    LilAtomicX10 (2 years ago) #7906566All good to know. XD I have copics, would those work? I know it won't work for white, but I think I found an acrylic marker that does puts on white pretty good. lol

I just uploaded the tutorial you requested, I found that sakura roller white gel works pretty well for white details, now that you talk about white markers I have one too from the same Sakura company that makes pigma microns white roller gels, I'll definitely try it on my next tutorial.
    2 years ago
    M-Linfa (2 years ago) #7791691It's hard to get a pure color with water color unless u spray a thick layer of sealant. So I also use paint when doing white parts, oh and for other colors I just use alcohol based markers instead of paint.

2 years ago
    LilAtomicX10 (2 years ago) #7781155This is all good info. I've only ever painted on eyes on one custom and I barely got that to look right. lol but I have some projects that I wanna do, but the face plates are my main problem because I don't know how to approach first making them. lol my main problem is getting the white to actually show up on the face using a watercolor pencil. lol

2 years ago
    M-Linfa (2 years ago) #7777133I don't mind , though it is mostly the same as drawing on paper, I can give more tips on which materials to use first to avoid smudge or ruining the layer below, but that'll take a bit of time, as I am a bit busy lately. But to put it simply it is just a series of drawing with a pencil erasing until satisfied then seal the layer, move on to the next layer without worrying about ruining the first, though if you're inking or painting colors then you gotta be extra careful as you can't erase it without damaging the layer below and if you don't have more blank faces you can still use your old ones if you thin them unless you are satisfied with those and don't wanna change them. You can also use faceplates from regular nendoroids you don't like and modify them.

2 years ago
    LilAtomicX10 (2 years ago) #7771849This is amazing. xD I hate to ask, but can you maybe show a step by step of you drawing a face plate? I don't know if you still have blank face plates to spare though. lol

2 years ago