HomeArticlesArticle #29570Comments

Help! Fixing Fragile Break in Trading FigureComments • Help! Fixing Fragile Break in Trading Figure

As it's not a figma and probably doesn't get moved a lot I would just recommend a squeeze type instant dry strong super glue so you can precisely apply the glue, and then hold it in place for about 30 seconds.

The wire and drilling would probably be a more durable solution; however give it doesn't move and it's a small figure drilling a hole might accidentally damage the figure. I would try a stronger quick drying super glue first before exploring the wire solution.
    2 years ago
    As other people have said, if you want a durable repair you should drill a tiny hole along the axis of both parts and put a wire through it. When I need to do repairs on a sword, I usually cut 1cm off of a sewing needle to use as the stake as it is very thin, straight and solid. Then I seal everything using Loctite Super Glue Precision.
    I've done this for one of the swords of ITEM #117920 and it's held up very well since despite frequent manipulation.
    2 years ago
    Get a super glue that dries in a few seconds, it should have a description on the package if it does.
    2 years ago
    5 second fix as seen on tv product
    2 years ago
    You might eventually roughen the glue spot with some sand paper. Free it from fat and don't stick the stuff on immediately.. Let it dry up a little to become tacky.
    Though, the more aggressive super glue (which does a good job) dissolves color paint. Be careful!
    2 years ago
    I would definitely put a bit of wire combined with glue to hold it together.
    2 years ago
    I use http://modelshop.co.uk/Content/DynamicMedia/Items/ListPage/5137_Image.jpg with no issues. Dries fast, clean and holds well. Just need to use it very sparingly. A tiny bit goes a long way.
    2 years ago
    Xiquelle fathomless zenith
    Personally, I prefer epoxy for this type of repair. It comes in a little dual-tube syringe, you deposit equal amounts of the two parts onto a mixing tray (read: paper plate, no need to get fancy) and stir with something disposable like a toothpick or Q-tip. It requires a bit of time to set, and so you'd still need to use wire or something creative to hold it in place, but it's quite strong once set. There is at least one type of this epoxy specifically meant for plastics, but the general use kind works too.
    2 years ago
    Might I suggest getting some glue such as Revell contracta professional its made for model kits but will work fine it basically melts the two halfs together and I would say its more than enough to hold it together you would have to support the sword whilst it dry, which is rather fast usually a minute or two then cure overnight
    2 years ago
    Why don't you try reinforce it with a piece of short wire in between the break? First make some hole on both surface where the break is, then cut a short wire and fit it inside. You need a modeling clay to mount your figure temporarily while the glue sets in on the broken joint. That's it.
    2 years ago
The world's finest hobby kits and toys, direct from Japan.