Comments Guess that Nostalgic Soundtrack~~♪

• Heeeeeyyy.... so I guess no one else is gonna join so I'll just reveal the answers:

View spoilerHide spoiler
    1. Pokemon first generation~ Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green (Trainer battle)
    2. Zelda: Link between worlds (Lorule theme)
    3. Resident Evil 2; Resident Evil 3 (Front hall/Police station theme)
    4. Final Fantasy Tactics (Opening theme: Bland/brand? Logo)
    5. Megaman X (Storm Eagle stage)
    6. Silent Hill 3 (End of Small Sanctuary)
    7. Castlevania Symphony of the Night (Lost Painting)
    8. Zelda: Ocarina of time (Forest Temple)
    9. Final Fantasy 8 (The Man with the Machine Gun)
    10. Parasite Eve (Arise within you)
    11. Cardcaptor Sakura (Setsunai Kimochi)
    12. Dragon ball Z (We were Angels)

------------->
    Scores are:

Cheeseman3 years ago#16237280Cheeseman- 11/12 (1st)
    prinn3 years ago#16226011prinn- 9/12 (2nd)
    YaR10303 years ago#16232396YaR1030- 3/12
    Bearcat- you didn't really tell me your answers xD
    Shaolan-kun3 years ago#16225113Shaolan-kun- 1/12 (you might be interested in this ITEM #455586 )
    mukyuu3 years ago#16223255mukyuu- 1/12 (you might be interested in this ITEM #455586 )
    Mayoi3 years ago#16222995Mayoi- 2.25/12
    Drakhatos3 years ago#16222674Drakhatos- 7.75/12 (3rd)

Congrats, Cheeseman!

And Thanks to everyone who participated in this little game :p
    ----~~~..._

3 years ago
    explosiv33 years ago#16235205View spoilerHide spoiler
    You are right. most of these games are what I grew up with.
    I wanted to add more variety, but I can't really force myself to think of other music at the moment. These are just from my old playlist.
    ~~
    Anyways, good job! I find it almost hard to believe that a 25 yrs old would know all of these soundtracks :P

View spoilerHide spoilerI only played two of these games growing up, and I didn't have a PS1, but the vast majority of my game playing for the past decade or so has been old stuff that I missed or could not have played as a kid. Digging through these platform's libraries and finding new fun or unique stuff to play is my favorite thing.
    3 years ago
    Cheeseman3 years ago#16234042View spoilerHide spoiler1. Pokemon Gen I
    2. Link Between Worlds
    3. RE2, 3
    4. FF Tactics
    5. MMX
    6. Silent Hill 3
    7. SotN
    8. OoT
    9. FFVIII
    10. Parasite Eve
    11. CCS, I think?
    12. dunno lol
    Needs more variety imo. 7 of them are from 5th gen, 5 are from PS1, 4 are RPGs (+ SotN has heavy RPG elements), 2 series are used twice, there's nothing from Sega or Microsoft consoles, arcades, PC, etc., and there's no western soundtracks (might be intentional considering this site, but eh).
    If you did RPGs after 5th gen I'd barely know anything at all.

View spoilerHide spoiler
    You are right. most of these games are what I grew up with.
    ~~
    3 years ago
    View spoilerHide spoiler1. Pokemon Gen I
    2. Link Between Worlds
    3. RE2, 3
    4. FF Tactics
    5. MMX
    6. Silent Hill 3
    7. SotN
    8. OoT
    9. FFVIII
    10. Parasite Eve
    11. CCS, I think?
    12. dunno lol

If you did RPGs after 5th gen I'd barely know anything at all.
    3 years ago
    explosiv33 years ago#16231774View spoilerHide spoilerNo PS1 though? o.o
    They are mostly popular games (at least during their release)
    Or maybe you are just not into rpg's.

View spoilerHide spoilerYea. both. I never had a ps1 or N64 so i missed out during that era. I also don't have any rpg games : (. I have the old red and blue and yellow Pokémon though if those count as RPG. I forgot to say I recognized the Pokémon song lol. Thanks though. it was nice to hear some nice songs from various things. I'll be able to level up and learn more.
    3 years ago
    YaR10303 years ago#16231209View spoilerHide spoilerI have nes, snes, ps2, dreamcast, xbox 360, ps3, ps4, gameboy pocket, but I don't know any of these games or songs except for megaman x, storm eagle.
    Oh, I know the dbz song angels for the bonus last one at least...
    things like these makes me feel like I don't belong lol...

View spoilerHide spoilerNo PS1 though? o.o

They are mostly popular games (at least during their release)

Or maybe you are just not into rpg's.
    3 years ago

Oh, I know the dbz song angels for the bonus last one at least...

things like these makes me feel like I don't belong lol...
    3 years ago
    prinn3 years ago#16227491I've listened predominantly to video game music since I was a kid :P
    I'm a big fan of Falcom music...if you've never played the Ys series, give it a listen on YouTube ^^

Bearcat3 years ago#16226940View spoilerHide spoiler
    I only got 1,2,4,8,9 but that was quite fun :D
    4 was instant for me as I've played that game so many times.....and that opening is forever engraved into my memory :D
    9 was the same haha, I adore Man with the machine gun, it's one of my favourite battle themes *sighs* memorieees.
    11, I was like omg I know this...but where from D: could not remember it for the life of me XD had to check.
    Thanks for the game, I love music blind tests :) it was fun!

Glad these music had the same effect on others.
    Nothing can take you out of this world like some nerd music xD
    3 years ago
    explosiv33 years ago#16226559View spoilerHide spoiler
    Do you have like a photographic memory for sounds?
    Good job though..

I've listened predominantly to video game music since I was a kid :P

3 years ago
    View spoilerHide spoiler
    I only got 1,2,4,8,9 but that was quite fun :D
    Thanks for the game, I love music blind tests :) it was fun!
    3 years ago
Second hand waifus deserve a second chance at laifu!