Comments

• NemsEngelAceSasu3 years ago#16450282I didn't mean OP's case especially, more that if you buy a few things and introduce shipping and it's not SAL able you have to pay 2000¥ to let them change it into a smaller package.

Alright, that's a different matter. You gave a shipping instruction, it turned out not to be SALable, they had to repack; that's why they applied the fee. Is it fair? Hard to say, I don't think FJ should punish that much if your were unable to realize the real dimensions, but at the same time it's up to the customer to be aware of what you're buying. Note that Suru's big boxes have nothing to do with this, as FJ usually gets rid of the box unless you gave shipping instructions in advance, I guess.
    3 years ago
    Revien3 years ago#16450618That's your own fault, then. FJ provides dimensions and weights of your packages, it doesn't take a genius to figure out if something is SALable. The 2000 (now 1500) yen fee is literally a "you unnecessarily wasted our time" fee. That's not to mention that if you're a regular user FJ offers discounts on EMS shipping which more often than not is equal to or +/- 100 yen what SAL would be.
    Also, it doesn't matter HOW Surugaya packages because FJ repackages them when consolidating anyway, which they would have done in OPs case.
    Listen, FJ has 100% fucked me over before. I might as well have thrown $200 in the trash with one package I received, and I avoid buying any kind of set books (more than 10+ at a time) from them at all costs. I'm also pretty annoyed that with their new fees they're getting rid of their point system because I buy big ticket items using them (we're talking $600+) and the points back events were fantastic for that for me. But they've always been very straight forward with their fees at least.

They only state the dimensions AFTER you introduced shipping and when you have to pay. You have never seen how suru packs? I recently order two magazines, the box was way to big, about 20% for the items and 80% empty. Well whatever, stay at your wrong opinion.

I always choose unregistered sal. EMS is never cheaper than that.
    3 years ago
    Chloe-tsundere The louise otaku
    BiJ does repack if.. It ends up cheaper. Like in my case it would exceed sal if they didnt repack. They told me that its cheaper even with repackage fees. Suru uses either ridiculously big boxes or unnecessarily split boxes.
    But indeed its not nice that they dont notify beforehand.. Other thing that bothers me is surugsya puts a sleeve with prices in it, i want that our but BiJ refuses doing so unless i pick repacking.
    After that I was done with them

Ive used FJ andcant say im overly pleased with them, but now they only charge 300 yen im very much interested in using them again
    3 years ago
    Revien3 years ago#16443863But when I recently went to ship some items, this fee was never charged. For that matter, I mixed a single forwarding order with my regular orders to be shipped together and... They shipped together. Basically, I have no god damn idea what's happening with FJ and their system anymore.

I know that the consolidation fee isn't charged for combining items that were purchased before the new system but hmm... based on what you experienced, looks like consolidating an old-system order with a new-system forwarding order had no 900yen fee either! Might be a lapse on their part, but I'll find out in 2 weeks when my next item comes in, wish me luck!
    3 years ago

3 years ago
    Thanks for the info about FJ. I still think 300 yen without hidden fees is too good to be true, but I'll give it a shot.
    3 years ago
    They should have charged you 1000 yen for repackaging, but maybe bc you didn't tell them/didn't know there would be two packages you got hit with two 1000 yen repackaging fees.

Yeah, ordering from Surugaya + BiJ is mostly guess work on how big suru's box will be and how many things BiJ will feel like they can fit into one box.

I used FJ for the first time right before they switched to the new fee model rip. Since its cheaper I might start using them for single orders from surugaya. It looks like everyone is saying that BiJ is cheaper for combining orders though.
    3 years ago
    kasumicc3 years ago#16449119Nope, Revien is right here: the 2000¥ yen fee is for repacking *an order that you already gave shipping instructions for*. I assure you, if you receive two packages from Suru and ask for them to be shipped as one, you won't be charged 2000¥ unless you mess up something. (Additionally, that fee has been reduced to 1500¥ under the new fee model)
    That said, FJ *does* have in place a new consolidation fee of 900¥, which applies when you want to combine different orders in a single shipment. But I don't think it would apply in OP's case, since it was a single order, split into two boxes. I think FJ would still consider it as a single order, so they shouldn't apply the consolidation fee.

3 years ago
    explosiv33 years ago#16439486Did you think the shipping fee they charged was fair enough?Seems the same as ever? I paid 480 yen.
    3 years ago
    kasumicc3 years ago#16449119I think FJ would still consider it as a single order, so they shouldn't apply the consolidation fee.
    if it arrives in their office at the same time, it should be counted as one. If they arrive on separate days FJ will treat them as separate.

By the new fee system, buying plenty from a single shop is way cheaper than before, but not so for auctions :c
    3 years ago