HomeBlogsArticle #31474Comments

Comments • 1st Trip to Japan! (2/3) – UFO Catcher Adventures

• FirstPrev12NextLast
    16 comments
    inisipis (1 year ago) #17155707By the way. Did you watched any anime movie's in Japan, Like even though it's in Japanese, it's more for the pleasure of watching them in they're Home country.
    I watched "Your Name" and the Kancolle movie because it's first premiere.
    I also I did short Youtube vid of Nakano broadway, maybe you're there. Do check it out.
    www.youtube.com...

Unfortunately, I didn't, but between hearing all the talk/hype about Your Name and reading the recent blog post on the Kancolle movie, I really wish I did!

Next time, I'll definitely try my hand at the theatres!

Great video btw! (Didn't catch myself in a tho xD)
    1 year ago

I watched "Your Name" and the Kancolle movie because it's first premiere.

www.youtube.com...
    1 year ago
    inisipis (1 year ago) #17090744I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your first trip Japan. Such a fascinating place. I'm sure you will be back for more.
    Coincidentally, I too was there on holiday this past November (22 - 28). I too was in Nakano Broadway when it was snowing at Nov 24. I was there practically the whole day. We might had even unknowingly crossed path somewhere in the building's alley shops.
    Well, have a happy holiday.

Yep, I can't wait to go back and there's still so much left to explore!

Hah, what a coincidence - we may very well have crossed paths then! I was going shop to shop buying some souvenirs for friends.
    (I wish I picked up a Nakano Broadway mascot poster as well!)

And hope you have a happy holiday as well!
    1 year ago

Well, have a happy holiday.
    1 year ago
    rubyserpent_720 (1 year ago) #17073148Damn! Are you a UFO-catcher pro or something? I got shitty skills/luck in that department and gave up after the first 1500 yen that tumbled into nothingness XD
    (and I hate those catchers that makes it look super easy to get and all get you is disappointment)
    Good job for all those loot
    Haha, thanks. It's from a big mix of luck & skill. I usually try to only play once I see that a prize has been somewhat moved from it's starting position already. And asking attendants for tips on what the best technique is given the position also helps :)

But I definitely had or day or two where I just over spent or came back with nothing!

iced_wine (1 year ago) #17074191saving your posts for note-taking later, as I will be making my virgin voyage to heaven Japan later this year XDWow, that's awesome - Enjoy your trip! It's a great time to go! (Albeit a bit crowded, but it adds to the atmosphere :D)

May be of interest to you (may have been hidden beneath the sea of text in my blog post): I linked to ORIGINALREN's blog post blog/27358&... as he as several great blog entries/guides to Akihabara that I wished I checked out before heading there :')
    1 year ago
    1 year ago

Good job for all those loot
    1 year ago
    darkfader (1 year ago) #17067450I've forgotten all about the excitement of first time Japan and shopping spree. (actually, each time it's exciting;) Good to read how other ppl enjoy it.
    UFO catchers can be addicting. If there's Shinobu goods, I also take a try.

Haha, I certainly look forward to my second trip to Japan in the (hopefully near) future!

Addicting indeed. If they built one of these near my workplace, I'd probably be there after work everyday, spending half of my money on gaming, and the other half on prize machines xD
    1 year ago
    bootlegbaron (1 year ago) #17062896Very interesting article, I enjoyed reading this. Seems like you had the same experience as me at those smaller arcades in denden town.
    Glad you enjoyed it! Yep, there were a couple of these around. I had another experience where some girl handed me a card (looked like a coupon) to play and ushered me inside D:

cuddleswithfizz (1 year ago) #17067297Great article, thanks for sharing!!!
    Thanks for reading!

Pekola (1 year ago) #17067317Reading all of this made me happy. I guess it's contagious. I'm glad you had a great time and were able to feel like yourself.
    Looking forward to reading more.

Great to hear that it made you happy :3
    And I'm working on the next one as I type!

nishikinomaki (1 year ago) #17067321ah it sounds like you had so much fun!! cant wait to see the unboxing :o
    Yep! The best fun I had was all unplanned!

Allnighter (1 year ago) #17067362Glad you had fun. Ohh that Shinobu cushion is so nice.
    :3 I knew for sure I had to at least come back with that cushion!

Lyncfs (1 year ago) #17067429Great article and I loved the story with M. It's great you created all these wonderful memories playing the claw games. That's way better than just buying the figures outright!
    Mhmm, a huge shoutout to the staff there for making it such a wonderful experience as well. Half of my best memories on the trip were just things you can't find in a guidebook!
    1 year ago
    UFO catchers can be addicting. If there's Shinobu goods, I also take a try.
    1 year ago
  • FirstPrev12NextLast
    16 comments
Buy Anime figurines and japanese popculture collectibles at figuya.com