HomeArticlesArticle #33947Comments

Photography: Megumi KatoComments • Photography: Megumi Kato

Wow, very interessant !
    10 months ago
    Thank you for another extensive blog and explanation! :D

About the pictures not working for some: It seems like imgur now (partially?) blocks mobile devices. Your pictures do not work on my tablet, but they are working fine on my laptop.

goldfries (10 months ago) #24058968I wonder why some people found this article "uninteresting". I think they don't like Kato.

I'm guessing because mobile users that can't see the pictures and they just downvote...
    10 months ago
    Absolutely stunning
    It's really nice to see somebody so passionate about figures to put so much money and effort into creating whole new master pieces with them! Thank you so much, much respect :)
    10 months ago
    BlueRain (10 months ago) #24094098Man....way too much work, something I can only dream of building.
    Anyway, what do you do with the sets when you are done shooting.I know you will keep this one for that convention thing, but for the others, what do you do? Do you dismantle them after all that hard-work and monies spent or keep them as a diorama in some kind of a showcase.

Yup, some of them are stored, some will be dismantled or modified into something else. There's no way i could store a few dozen of dioramas i have built, some of them extending over 1 meter in overall size unless i have a museum. Expenditure-wise, if i didnt do photography and dioramas, i could afford twice as many figures i have now, but to me it's not about sheer number when it comes to this hobby. I try to be as efficient as possible with expenditure, many raw materials and parts are imported directly from China at a low cost.
    10 months ago
    Man....way too much work, something I can only dream of building.

10 months ago
    Yamio (10 months ago) #24065476Amazing work! So impressive.
    I wonder how you made her stand though? Did you build in some pegs in the floor or did you use something else? ♥

She is capable of standing without a base
    That saved me some work with making pegs for her to stand
    10 months ago
    Amazing work! So impressive.
    10 months ago
    Thanks for sharing the process, both in making the props and compositing the shot. I certainly hope a dressed up Megumi will be available some day so you can replicate the iconic scene on the hill. Good luck with the Photobucket mess... I'm actually repairing 200 blog posts and it's a labor of love and frustration.

It's probably much more trivial than that... too lazy to click the spoiler button, see the picture and read the text.
    10 months ago
    10 months ago
    Thanks for another behind the scenes! I alway cop out and use a nendo room but I think I'm going to start making scenes for real soon
    11 months ago
    FirstPrev12NextLast
Import games and toys since 2002!