Anime Figure Store

Comments • Where to Buy Glass Display Cases (Canada) and Display ideas

I've checked with one of shops I've mentioned before and it seems the shipping is a bit expensive. So right now, checking the possibilities with the Billy, and checking if Besta can fit my the display that I have in mind.
    2 months ago
    yuuki_mafcRGBlv6 Founder of Peel Anime Club
    pafy6285 (2 months ago) #24701950Yeah doors are a must since it can get dusty here. I mentioned that I have the whole basement for this, so another reason why I'm also looking for a glass case is to display it around the center (or not in the walls of the basement) like this one: www.pinterest.c.... Haven't really considered the Ikea Besta, but will take a look on it. And speaking of the pinterest link I mention above and Billy (check the blog linked on the pinterest image), that's an interesting way of increasing Billy's depth space (for the half height, seems like the full height is the Billy with 15 inch depth).

Yup I saw that picture and read that blog post earlier this year, I drew my inspiration for my display case from there. I did notice the double back to back Billy's for the half shelf center display. I actually considered doing that for my setup but I was concerned that it would look way to bulky against the wall. But revisiting the idea again has inspired me to make some future modifications to my existing setup by creating a layered step display!

Since you mentioned the back to back Billy's, that might be a more cost effective solution for you instead of Besta's - but if you are looking for a complete tidy setup then Besta's are your "best" bet lol

-Yuuki
    2 months ago
    yuuki_mafc (2 months ago) #24673845
    Are doors a must for your criteria? I'm interested in working with you to find something to fit the bill as I'm already maxing out my double Billy's
    -Yuuki

2 months ago
    yuuki_mafcRGBlv6 Founder of Peel Anime Club
    pafy6285 (2 months ago) #24622997Thanks for the response and the link. I'm also considering Billy but the issue I have with it is that it might not have enough depth. I might be able to use a mix of billy and detolf (for figures needing depth space), however, I don't want to limit my options on those two. If possible, I would like to use a wide case with sufficient depth for the large figures I have and also have the ability to display together related figures. Aside from figures I also have my Gunpla collection which again, can consume space base on the pose I want it displayed. For the other figures (small/medium sized), I think Billy will suffice unless I see a comparable display case not far from its price.
    My budget for a wide case (should be >30'' Width) is around $400 to $500 CAD and if the case is aesthetically appealing, then can go a bit more than that. Saw some in the store links I mentioned that's around the $500 range. But if others can point me to more shops, then that would be great as I'll have more options.

Yeah my only regret with my Billy setup was that I realized only after I bought it that the new ones they use are not as deep as the original Billy's were so the bad news was my Ultimate Madoka from GSC barely fits in there, it has to go in like side ways with the FX bow pushing up against the case. For me having a glass door was a must because of the dust but if you are cool without it you got plenty of options.

You are bang on with getting a mix of Billy's and Detolf's, that's what I'm actually planning to do as well.

Although it might be overkill for your needs (or perhaps not) - the Besta shelves might be your answer but you'll need to dish out some cash to get a decent setup going - I have considered them but I don't have any statues to toss in so I just went with a simple albeit elaborate Billy setup

-Yuuki
    2 months ago
    yuuki_mafc (2 months ago) #24621634Hello fellow Canadian,
    Just happened to stumble upon your blog, I'm relatively new here but I thought I'd chime in regarding your situation.
    I'm not sure what you are budgeting but I published a blog on my own personal Figure Collecting Website at:
    www.myanimefigu...
    I decided to go the Ikea route and opted for a full decked out glass display complete with lighting, glass shelves and full glass door. My setup is great for mid-sized and a little over type collections and its got expandability potential that I'm now considering.
    Hope that helps!
    -Yuuki
    lionhearth (2 months ago) #24618246Glass cases are expensive by definition. You either get a detolf or find one second hand. I sugest to check on craiglist or on stores going out of bussiness

2 months ago