HomeBlogsArticle #34653Comments

Comments • Help! Lavi broke :,C

• ‹ PrevFirst12LastNext ›
    14 comments
    I hope you fix him soon. c:
    2 months ago
    bambipie (2 months ago) #25865215Ive used it tho, as long as its compatible it works great.I've used it too and didn't have great results :/
    2 months ago
    DonkeyBlonkey (2 months ago) #25856129I don't think a plastic cement glue would work too well with PVC. Morely, an epoxy glue would work best.Ive used it tho, as long as its compatible it works great.
    2 months ago
    Solarstormflare (2 months ago) #25858921Oh, I see!! I watched the video, thanks for sharing! I had no idea this was a thing! Do you mind explaining what you mean by the joints shearing off? I might try and get that stuff from bunnings to try it out, although the guy in the video used a paperclip.

Unless you use a solvent based adhesive which physically fuses the polymer together (chemically melts the plastic and then sets it solid) any force applied to the parts can cause it to break at the point of contact. "Shearing" is simply a force applied perpendicular to a component causing it to fracture, in this case the join made with glue being weaker than the surrounding plastic.
    2 months ago
    Soarin (2 months ago) #25857768You should pin it before adding glue. A fine drill bit and craftsmans pin vise is what I would recommend. A 1mm hole about a half centimeter deep going through both ends would be enough to support any weight after you insert the aluminium or brass rod. It is a lot easier than it sounds, quite common amongst model makers and prevents the joints shearing off.
    youtu.be/WQTsyE...
    2 months ago

youtu.be/WQTsyE...
    2 months ago
    Thanks to everyone who helped, I really appreciate it!!!!
    2 months ago
    bambipie (2 months ago) #25844280Alternatively, you can use a hobby cement glue. Get it at any hobby/craft store. No mixing required.I don't think a plastic cement glue would work too well with PVC. Morely, an epoxy glue would work best.
    2 months ago
    Ceci (2 months ago) #25848627I think what aurybq is trying to say that the thing that broke is the connecting peg. Also looks like a clean break. An easy and simple fix. Plus side, there shouldn't be any visible damage after repairs.

Exactly what I meant. Thanks!
    2 months ago
    2 months ago
  • ‹ PrevFirst12LastNext ›
    14 comments
Your source for old and rare figurines!