HomeArticlesArticle #35135Comments
Live better. Play more!

Custom nendoroid commisions!Comments • Custom nendoroid commisions!

Seiki (1 year ago) #28092120If this goes through, might we see a blog with the finished product? I wouldn't mind seeing how it turns out.

Might take a long time to be finished but I'll definetly make a blog about it so look forward to that in the future!
    1 year ago
    1 year ago
    freezermilk (1 year ago) #28073189Hi there! I would be interested in helping you with this, if you think you really do need the help! I've made an entirely cast nendoroid before, I've also done garage kits, doll face-ups, and a lot of miscellaneous figure "editing"--fixing paint jobs and such. I'm sorta new to custom figures, but I've been doing art all my life
    HMU if u think i'm up to the task ~

Awesome! Thank you very much I'll be sending you a pm soon so we can discuss the details :D
    1 year ago
    freezermilk Cute Girl Enthusiast

HMU if u think i'm up to the task ~
    1 year ago
    kyoshinhei (1 year ago) #28070691Out of curiosity, what character do you have in mind and what parts (if any) do you have to start with?

I'm thinking of making Masaru Hananakajima from Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo!! Masaru-san, and so the parts I will need would be
    chest/arms: toon link
    hips/legs: Kyo Kusanagi
    hair/head/neckjoint: Onodera Kosaki
    faceplate: Aotsuki Ushio

I'm also thinking making resin duplicates of the parts from the nendos that are semi hard to get such as Ushio. The reason I want to commision someone is so that the sanding and painting can be done by someone with experience :>

Edit: you can check my list if you wanna see the characters and what not
    1 year ago
    1 year ago
    Lehst (1 year ago) #28069726Yeah I haven't learned anythibg about resin, but people use a lot of different materials to sculpt. Depends on what they are doing or what they prefer to work with.
    As for a nendoroid face, if you are drawing on a blank face it isn't hard to erase and start again. It just depends on what you are using to draw or paint with, to decide what solution you would use to remove it and start again.
    Have you been to the let's split Nendoroids club? there's a thread there about custom nendos. CLUB #576

I've already asked for an invite yesterday but since the admin that sends the invites has internet issues it might take awhile for me to see and ask about stuff there :<
    1 year ago

1 year ago
    Lehst (1 year ago) #28069033Good luck in your search. ^^;;
    I am crazy about doing custom nendoroids but the majority of them are unfinished. I feel like doing a commission would be hard because you would have to be a very good sculptor (I'm not) or have a buyer willing to support the cost of several nendroids to make 1 custom figure. Plus I've learned buying paint really adds up... I don't do GK's so I had no supplies on hand.

I'm okay with buying all the pieces necessary but the thought of having to cast and pour resin or having to draw the face by hand seems kinda terrifying(?) even though I've been wanting to get into that type of hobby I prefer practicing with like plastic doll faces than to mess up a good nendoroid face ya know :/
    1 year ago
    Good luck in your search. ^^;;

1 year ago