HomeBlogsArticle #38600Comments

Comments • Peg problem advice?

• ‹ PrevFirst12LastNext ›
    15 comments
    kanekikenma (5 days ago) #29464156Oh wow, I’m just a bit surprised because I thought Alter always delivered good results but yeah, I’ve recovered a bit from the disappointment and tried what a lot of people suggested and pushed it in harder, which narrowed the gap a little but it just seems like the peg is angled wrong. I took some more pictures and posted them on insta that show how awkwardly she sits in the base (instagram.com/p...) But I guess there’s nothing I can do about it then, except maybe try the hairdryer to angle the whole figure forward a bit, but I’ll save that for another time if it still bothers me. In any case, thank you for your help.
    No problem. Just try to appreciate how wonderful she is regardless (´ω`)
    5 days ago
    kanekikenma (5 days ago) #29462103I haven’t because I’ve always been scared of deforming figures that way, but I might try it if pushing it harder won’t work. Thank you though
    If you're afraid of the hairdryer technique, there's also this approach which is far less scary:
    blog/32592
    5 days ago
    Have the same figure, same release, same problem. Taking her off her peg and putting her back on fixed it, she fit snuggly and secure afterwards. Hope you have the same luck as I did :)
    5 days ago
    If it's not a depth problem, warm the bottom of her foot up with a hairdryer - this will make the plastic pliable, and allow it to flex to accommodate the peg. I much prefer to do this, than force a figure on the peg, as I'm more likely to snap the peg than fix the issue.

As long as you don't touch the hairdryer on it (or heat it for ages), it won't damage the figure. You can always heat it in 5-10 sec increments until it goes on the peg.
    5 days ago
    Miaeka (5 days ago) #29463405Had the exact same problem with my 1/7 Rin, I wrote a blog on it. Turns out my figure wasn't the only one with the issue. If other people have the same issue, put simply, it's not really an issue because the company would've done something about it.
    I left her alone, but if it REAAALLY bothers you (and trust me, it probably wouldn't after a while) you can try wedging a sewing needle into the crack with super glue on it.

5 days ago
    5 days ago
    kanekikenma (5 days ago) #29462378I know it’s a minor thing but I’m autistic and I can’t take it when things can or are supposed to fit snugly but they aren’t, so it just really bothers me.I see im sorry. did you try putting it on again a few times? i had to push quite hard
    5 days ago
    Cybogirl (5 days ago) #29461774It's honestly just a very minor fault. I don't see why you would be so upset over it. If you take the figure off the base and put it back on a few times and push a little harder it should be fixed, at least, that worked for me. :)
    5 days ago
    You shouldn't worry about such things as it isn't cheap plastic, I do it all the time on nendoroids and never deformed anything. Also you have all of the control on the heat, just do a little bit at a time until you can push the peg completely through.
    5 days ago
    Auri (5 days ago) #29460837Have you tried heating the feet with an hair dryer and then putting it on the peg? Be careful though, don't make it burning hot!

5 days ago
  • ‹ PrevFirst12LastNext ›
    15 comments
Great Figure, Amazing Service, Fantastic Price!