HomeBlogsArticle #38602Comments

Comments • Dakimakuras Licensed VS Bootleg

• ‹ PrevFirst123LastNext ›
    32 comments
    Myondaze (4 days ago) #29513365I have one dakimakura and it's legit, but honestly I don't see it a bad thing to buy the bootleg ones sometimes because dakis are extremely hard to find in the aftermarket if not way upped in price too. While I'm absolutely adamant about never supporting figure bootlegs, I'm more lenient with dakis.

Yeah same here honestly, no bootleg figure will ever hit my shelf, dakis are fine
    3 days ago
    For me, quality is a huge plus. Comiket circle dakimakura prints are some of the most comfortable pillows ever.
    4 days ago
    4 days ago
    cremareo (5 days ago) #29474886unrelated but the title preview said "dakimakuras lice..." and I was like 'oh boy what are we going to be talking about today'

Oh woops,no all clean dakis here lol
    4 days ago
    wewe (5 days ago) #29472269official covers are usually meh cause they have rules set by copyright owners in their art.
    I prefer doujin covers, cause the artists’ renditions are usually incredible in comparison, and prints via expensive P80 are soooo lewd.
    It’s just too bad that they have to deal with having their art stolen and bootlegged without any sort of recourse. My pride can’t handle that, so kudos to all them hardworking artists out there!

Yeaaaah that's mostly my problem as well, seeing how some random sweatshop gets paid for it and not the artist
    4 days ago
    alazif03 (5 days ago) #29471836I only have legit Dakis and the difference between the material quality is amazing: the "worse" is ITEM #482945 (quite rough) and the best is ITEM #294112 (feels like a cloud, I'd say). So I can't imagine how peach skin Dakis are!
    Like said before, you should buy at least a 2WT and a A&J Co smoothtron if you can afford it. To me Lyctron is the best though. Then I'm sure you'll throw away your bootleg Dakis.

Damn all those comments on the material really got me wondering, guess I know what I'll use my xmas money for
    4 days ago
    solluxcaptor (5 days ago) #29471183To be honest I prefer official for display/collection purpose and fanmade ones for actual use. Official ones are often SO expensive and a lot of the time they are hard to get too, so I don't really want to get a collectable item with value like that dirty by using it as a pillow to cuddle...
    Never had a problem with fanmade ones myself.

Yeah I would most likely put the licensed ones up as like a wallscroll sorta thing
    4 days ago
    I get bootleg dakis all the time. Sue me.
    4 days ago
    i have a bootleg one, and while i can easily say it's not the perfect quality of a legitimate one i'm still very statisfied with it. plus, it makes me less scared of actually using it (i tend to drool a little in my sleep... oTL)
    4 days ago
    Miaeka (4 days ago) #29488852
    ..what exactly are you using your dakis for?

Cuddling/holding them, their intended purpose? It helps my sleep posture, personally. But sleeping on something can get it dirty over time, that's why we wash our bed sheets, of course we don't want to dirty a limited/expensive collectible item.
    4 days ago