HomeArticlesArticle #38616Comments

Comments on old picturesComments • Comments on old pictures

I do that... :D Maybe the poster has moved on and is no longer active, but if not I want them to know I think their stuff is great! :D
    10 months ago
    You should definitely feel good to comment on old pictures. I think any one would be interested to see their pics are still appreciated or generate interest.
    10 months ago
    MugenTenshinFRD (10 months ago) #29589995Actually I like it a lot when people comment on old pictures, because it shows the appreciation and the fact that it's not dead, people still check it out. I even think commenting on something old can be better to cheer someone up, instead of a recent post that already has received views and comments.
    I personally respond to comments too, but on the other hand, if the user isn't active anymore, then he/she doesn't see it anymore, but the community will.
    Thank you for your opinion! Yeah sometimes it is fun to leave comments not only for the OP, but also ones the community would like too. ^_^b
    10 months ago
    Heldrik (10 months ago) #29575803Oh, I can definitely feel you on that. It brings back many forum memories.
    Exactly! bad times on the road behind me lol.
    I was a total forum noob long ago and I had used the search function to find some topics. I kept reading threads for awhile and commented on one, forgetting by then these threads were not in order by date and so it was really old. x'D I was burned.

Yeah I never felt mfc was a place that would complain much, if at all, over comments on old pics. Just wondered if it would seem an odd thing to do. But if active members like yourself don't think so, I won't worry about it anymore. ^^
    10 months ago
    Lehst (10 months ago) #29574261OMG OMG :D THAT WAS DEFINITELY UNEXPECTED!
    Now I know how it feels to get a comment on something old x'D. It doesn't even seem old to me (has it really been 3 years?) You just made my day.
    I can't wait for Erwin to arrive, I'll have new content then.

Aww, I'm glad to hear. I'm also super excited for Erwin; it won't be too much longer. :D
    10 months ago
    10 months ago
    Oh, I can definitely feel you on that. It brings back many forum memories. Some of us might have experienced finding a thread whose topic was just the thing you're looking for and bumping it even though it hasn't seen any new posts in months if not years. Then, an uptight mod comes and either it's a yellow card at best or a red card at worst, just because "you don't bump dead threads".

I don't think the people here at MFC are stuck-up inquisitors ready to burn you at the stake in front of an angry mob just because you acted like a necromancer and raised a pic from the dead with a comment.

If I were to have pics on MFC, I'd feel honored to have new comments on an old one, and of course would answer it, provided said comment isn't a troll or insults, I guess.
    10 months ago
    OMG OMG :D THAT WAS DEFINITELY UNEXPECTED!

I can't wait for Erwin to arrive, I'll have new content then.

rain_drops (10 months ago) #29572186Lol, I’ve considered this as well. The thumbnails that appear on the top right corner of each photo page always seem to suck me into the depths of MFC. I’m usually too shy to comment though, even on newer posts. I will, however, take this opportunity to say what I hesitated to a little while ago.
    View spoilerHide spoilerhttps://static.myfigurecollection.net/image/Lehst1392496542.jpeghttps://static.myfigurecollection.net/image/Lehst1392074175.jpeg
    These custom Petra and Sasha Nendoroids that you made 3 years ago are
    AWESOME.
    10 months ago
    tharglet (10 months ago) #29562075Bumping old forum threads ends up replacing something new with largely stale content, especially if the new post isn't adding new info.
    Commenting on an old picture doesn't do that, so I'd say go right ahead. Personally, if I got a comment on old content, I'd be still pleased about the fact (assuming it isn't spam or insults.)
    Thank you for your thoughts! Good to know some (most?) people would like old content to be seen.

Yeah I noticed the way thumbnails are shown has definitely changed. I feel like there are pros and cons to the new format, but I think that's a very different topic so I'll just leave it at that lol.
    10 months ago
    maggie (10 months ago) #29563056*looks at join date* I’ve been here 7 years, still around for any comments that come my way!
    And they do, I get comments on older photos all the time, I don’t think it’s strange. Just because a figure or picture is old doesn’t mean people don’t still love it or it’s not still relevant.
    Thank you maggie!! We haven't talked in awhile, sending <3 <3 <3 your way, lol!
    angelbott (10 months ago) #29572545Really nothing wrong to left comment or fav on so old photos. :) That's nice to show some loves. xD Ah~ so happy to know this. ^^ thanks
    10 months ago
    FirstPrev123NextLast
Figures, Goodies and Dakimakura shop.