HomeArticlesArticle #38766Comments

Pocket Monsters (Pokémon) - Red & Pikachu ARTFX J - KotobukiyaComments • Pocket Monsters (Pokémon) - Red & Pikachu ARTFX J - Kotobukiya

CaptainZ (3 months ago) #30760796Those are "zombie" listings

Hrmm, too bad. :( I wish you good luck finding him! Hopefully you can find some local deals.
    3 months ago
    Maakie (3 months ago) #30760519 2 users selling him now are asking lower prices than the Japanese stores!

Those are "zombie" listings
    3 months ago
    CaptainZ (3 months ago) #30500023Man, I missed the boat on this one.
    Like you, I have been a fan since the beginning and I should have known considering how autistic the fandom can be I should have PO'd this bad boi.
    Please, Koto do a re-release. May is a whole other sore spot.

I expected his price to rise a bit, but I did not expect the huge prices I saw when I was researching them for this review. There is barely any talk anymore about this figure, so I'm not sure Koto will consider a re-release. I think it's best to keep your eyes peeled and see if someone ends up selling theirs for a lower price than the average market value. Still, if you want him really badly, the 2 users selling him now are asking lower prices than the Japanese stores!

Rajke (3 months ago) #30566954This figure does give that nostalgic vibe. The art style sure has changed over the years. The paint fails are acceptable but like you explained the belly of Pikachu is a mess. I like the way how Pikachu is sculped. A fat Pikachu wouldn't look great.
    The pose of Red is spot on. Like his character in the games. He don't have to say anything, with his pose he already challenged you to a battle. For this figure i had hoped that Kotobukya would use a white snow/mount base. Red may be the protagonist of the first games. Red's waiting (in this outfit and not frozen) on mount Silver in the Gold and Silver generation is what gives this figure the nostalgic feeling.

I really adore the older style, I'm sometimes a bit sad how the games look a lot like the anime now, but the artstyle probably wouldn't fly anymore if it was still used now. Fat Pikachu has a special place in my heart, but probably wouldn't have worked for this figure. I think this mixed Pikachu is a good one, as I'm also not a huge fan of the super skinny Pikachu.

Ahhhh, that would have been so nice too! I agree with you there! Maybe they could do that if Koto still plans an re-issue. ;) But I think over here they wanted to show Red as the Pokémon Yellow protagonist, where maybe even more people are nostalgic for?
    3 months ago
    Rajke Ca fanatic
    3 months ago
    Man, I missed the boat on this one.
    Please, Koto do a re-release. May is a whole other sore spot.
    3 months ago
    victorviper (3 months ago) #30470438I've never played any of the Pokemon games, so my Poke-knowledge is limited to watching the occasional episode of the TV show, so I was kind of surprised how radically different the artstyle of this figure is compared to the TV character designs! The design is...I don't know...harder, maybe?

Yeah, I know what you mean. The game designs are very different, maybe you can call them a bit more tough? I absolutely love looking at the older game artwork, makes me feel nostalgic. :)

The coloring is also very neat!
    3 months ago
    3 months ago
The world's finest hobby kits and toys, direct from Japan.