HomeBlogsArticle #38980Comments

Comments • Anzu Futaba Figure Preview

Aijihi (28 days ago) #30901240Right now I'm going off general thoughts and what I hear, since I'm only just starting to get the nicer figures and I've got some pre-orders made/waiting.
    I hear Alter's general quality is really really good, but so many people love Max Factory and GSC too. It's probably some recent gripes about price creep that have made some people fall out of love with the company, since they seem to be at 15,000+ yen for basically every figure, breaking 20,000 more and more often, so it's slowly becoming a more "bang for your buck" argument instead of raw quality. It's not that they aren't great, it's that there's a constant upward trend in price with Alter with few, if any, "middle price" items. Granted, this is an issue with figures in general that I think will lead to a price bubble that'll eventually burst because of the bootleg market, but that's for another day.

Alter fans are scary... I've seen Alter figures in person and honestly I wasn't THAT impressed for what they're charging. I like my stuff from Kotobukiya, Medicom, Phat or even some smaller companies better and they all charged a fairer price.
    28 days ago

Fair enough. I will say that while I do like GSC/Max Factory figures and I do consider them to be one of the best companies in the market, I've also had my share of issues with their products (broken parts, some paint issues), so I can't say they're the best. I can understand people not liking Alter's prices; it's true that they're going up, but I'm generally a lot more comfortable paying Alter prices and knowing that I'm going to get a perfect product. Some don't have the money to do that, some don't want to justify paying those prices for a figure, and those are fair points. But in comparison to any other company whose products I have owned, Alter is without question the best.
    28 days ago
    She's so cute ! ^^
    28 days ago
    Aijihi (29 days ago) #30901097. At least Alter does pretty quality work most of the time, even if they aren't the tippy-top tier.

u have no idea of what u are talking
    28 days ago
    -1pt
    Dribz (29 days ago) #30901223I have to wonder what company you consider top tier if not Alter...XD

28 days ago
    Aijihi (29 days ago) #30901097At least Alter does pretty quality work most of the time, even if they aren't the tippy-top tier.
    I have to wonder what company you consider top tier if not Alter...XD
    29 days ago
    Prettybarf (29 days ago) #30901210I just got amiami's delay notice on this figure yesterday, it's March for right now lol

That's bad... hopefully she'll be released in March then. Holding thumbs for you guys that pre-ordered her.
    29 days ago
    Dribz (29 days ago) #30901057"Believe it or not, pre-orders are still open for this figure on most figure companies' websites, even though she's going to be released next month."
    She's definitely not going to be released next month, this is Alter we're talking about.

29 days ago
    I was only able to pre-order this figure of such price this one time. I am not usually a fan of super cute and pink figures, but if there is one, this would be the one I would buy. However, this is just about the limit cap of how much I am rarely going to spend on a figure: 17,000 yen. Anything above is a no go, so lately I refuse to pre-order any Alter figures because the discounts were terrible. 6% discount? Really?
    29 days ago
    solluxcaptor (29 days ago) #30901077Honestly I'm probably going to get downvoted into hell for having the most unpopular opinion on this site but I just don't think Alter's prices are worth it. I'd pay that price for a REALLY nicely detailed 1/6 scale maybe but 1/7 kinda basic scale of a tiny character? I can't justify it. I own a 1/7 scale figure of Alice from Kirino Mosaic and she is tiny, I think her and Anzu are around the same height.
    I really wanted to buy ITEM #396943 but I'm not down to pay nearly $180 for 13cm of plastic... Alter's prices are really just something else ahaha.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not cheap with buying figures. I've bought stuff like ITEM #506758 before but for me the quality, size and detail all has to match up to the price.

I don't think you're wrong, I'm pretty iffy on their prices most of the time. I'm only looking at Alter because they have some figures (supposedly) coming out for characters that won't get another figure anytime soon, so it's either that or nothing. I could wait and hope they bin, but if that's the only figure for a character, I have a feeling it'll shoot up in price just because supply and demand.

But they could be worse, they could be like ITEM #549528 . At least Alter does pretty quality work most of the time, even if they aren't the tippy-top tier.
    29 days ago