HomeArticlesArticle #39197Comments

UK Collectors?Comments • UK Collectors?

Reizumo (5 months ago) #31146726Midwest English here.
    I use Nippon Yasan if you want to avoid any custom fees (and you receive your parcel in less than 2 week!)
    I've gone to a few expos in Birmingham and London. I see people buying figures there - however, I noticed most of the stores there sell bootlegs...

Yeah I noticed that too, I went to a con when I was 16 and came home with a bootleg sailor mars figure due to lack of experience at the time, I kept hold of her for a laugh and keep her in my detolf with my real collection, her arm is pretty much falling off now though XD
    5 months ago
    Midwest English here.

5 months ago
    Needles (6 months ago) #31120227Today I found out one of the pitfalls of importing an insane number of packages from Japan. I got an email from DHL. Because I have imported more than 10 packages from outside the EU in the last calendar month (way more actually Lol!) HMRC have asked DHL to get an EORI registration number from me. If they don't all my packages will be put on hold at customs. DHL guy at East Midlands was very helpful, this does happen with private collectors. I can get a number even though I'm not VAT registered and not running a business. The application has gone in and I now wait a couple of days to hear from HMRC. Apparently it's so they can keep accurate stats for the amount of stuff imported into the UK for the EU, I never realised my shopping was so significant :D
    It won't cost me anything but it's another pile of bureaucratic crap to wade through, luckily it's a one-off process. Don't know what happens at Brexit though.
    I can't complain, I have to laugh really as I work for HMRC myself and they are just doing their job.

Oh god that sounds like an absolute pain, I wouldn't have thought it would matter how many packages you import or that it would go on record, I guess I see their point but still a pain for you unfortunately:/
    6 months ago
    6 months ago
    kuroneki (6 months ago) #31103816Another UK collector (from the South-West) here! I love the hobby but man, does the exchange rate and insanely high customs fee hurt ;-;

I never knew I'd end up with such a painfully expensive hobby, this probably goes for most collectors tbh XD
    6 months ago
    DidiMew (6 months ago) #31103819Another UK collector here! I mostly collect Nendoroids myself, but it's so nice to see lots of other UK collectors! I know a few here and there, but it always feels like we're more of a rare breed! =P

Same here, I can't get enough of nendoroids, once you start buying them it's near impossible to stop XD
    6 months ago
    6 months ago
    6 months ago
    Mitsuna リトルバスターズ最高!
    Thank you so much! I joined MFC when I was 12 (●´ω`●) it is lovely to meet a fellow UK collector!Hanatsin (6 months ago) #31103738Nice to meet you too, you have a brilliant collection :)
    6 months ago
    BOOTP (6 months ago) #31103733South East - I always thought I would have to travel a long way to see another room of PVC - from the comments, it would appear not!
    Exchange rate is another big pain - especially when you consider how good things used to be... It hits twice as hard because figures prices go up and the exchange rate gets worse :(

So did I, i thought there were barely any figure collectors nearby since most seem to be located in the US, but apparently not, it's nice to see so many UK collectors on one blog post :)
    6 months ago
    FirstPrev123NextLast
Your source for old and rare figurines!