HomeArticlesArticle #39491Comments

ePacket Light - The return of registered SAL Small PacketComments • ePacket Light - The return of registered SAL Small Packet

My newest package was sent with this method. And holy maccaroni! It arrived within 9 hours German customs, sent from Osaka. I still can't believe it. Ö_Ö

I'll see if it arrives this week. That would be the fastest package from Japan I ever got.
    8 months ago
    The whole no RSAL for some countries has always seemed a little weird to me. I assume it's purely down to those countries not being happy to foot the costs of tracking the item though their local system?
    8 months ago
    jumpluff Pegasus Knight
    Thanks for this, I might just be too used to unregistered SAL now to feel the need (things come quickly from Japan to Aus), but if stores start offering it I will give it a serious consideration. At least having something like this is useful because of the gap between unregistered SAL and forced EMS for those who can't access RSAL.

Also the other commenters are right, I love Airmail and I'd rather see companies make that accessible. But why not both.
    8 months ago
    I'm in one of the no-SAL registered countries, so I was interested to hear about this. But already not many services offer Airmail, and still fewer allow for unregistered Airmail which makes things a bit cheaper but still faster than unregistered SAL. So I hope some stores will offer it, but it does sadly seem a bit unlikely.
    8 months ago
    I just had something come in with this. It moved a little bit faster than RSAL, and doesn't require a signature. I prefer to add signature to more expensive stuff since I had an issue come up with shipping before, but it made it okay this time.
    8 months ago
    NemsEngelAceSasu (8 months ago) #31445439I've already asked some shops like HLJ, hobby search and they won't provide it. Nor does any proxy I asked. So it's sadly still not helping.
    One of my proxies is currently testing it with a few selected users, that's how I know of it. But it's not public yet so I can't tell you which one. The 2 packets that I received also arrived very fast. Also they didn't get stuck in customs, like Airmail always does...
    8 months ago

Had a personal proxy who offered it and the package's didn't take more than a week. That was nice. But sadly he stopped being a proxy recently.
    8 months ago
Your source for old and rare figurines!