HomeArticlesArticle #40078Comments

Mysterious MerchandiseComments • Mysterious Merchandise

FigureDuchess (8 days ago) #34361601Ooooooh this makes sense D:
    I would still love to add it to the database. When I started uploading items, the ES21 merch category literally consisted of the manga series and the Tsume HQS only, so I became determined to build it up on my own. Since I started hunting for merch I've realized that there is soooooo much stuff no one knows about, it was kind of an eye-opener. Younger me just assumed that there wasn't much merch because the MFC database was so empty.
    I know from the database guidelines that stating the manufacturer for goods entries is a must, but is there actually a rule that says items shouldn't be added if there isn't much info? Is there a minimum I have to fill in or would it be okay to fill in the info as best as I can and leave it as draft entry?

Bless your little collector’s heart then, if you’re adding to the database. For additions, hmm, I’m pretty sure you *must* put a manufacturer, for JUMP items it would be Shueisha for the most part (Jump shop is technically called ‘shueisha mekke’ iirc) unless it’s a Megahouse or Figuarts item. Looking quickly at some of my stationary, it doesn’t really list a manufacturer, only series, name of item, isbn, credits to TV series copyright, mangaka. Some have a series of letters (probably to denote the quarter of the year) and then JF which means Jump Festa.

I think it’s relatively safe to put Shueisha as the manufacturer and either put something in the notes and list as draft or just list it as a draft and if someone ever comes along with more info they can update the entry.
    8 days ago
    maggie (10 days ago) #34304343snip

Ooooooh this makes sense D:

8 days ago
    They are nice! it should nice add collection things is not on data entries in blogger or wordpress. xD
    9 days ago
    Sometimes I like adding entries to the database for new things I won't get because at least I'll know one place that'll have the info if I want to look later.

If I search for info I try using Google's image search and typing the broadest category for an item. Maybe add character names. I'll come up with a million results, but one of them might be helpful. I always hope someone blogs about X item and adds some kind of info, like the event they bought it at or even better, a review.
    10 days ago
    Karumi Bishie Enthusiast
    Personally, I've been meaning to go through my items and make a list of items I own that are not in the database (and add the ones I can), just so I don't accidentally buy them again. For clothing items like those, I would definitely remember having them, but for keychains and such, not so much. >__<
    10 days ago
    Ha! Love that jacket...cool stuffs!! :D
    10 days ago
    If it's from a JUMP expo then it's a JUMP product. I have several items from JUMP expos and from the JUMP shop, and just from looking at the tag I was going to ask if this was a JUMP product (mine usually just have the logo for the manga, copyright to the mangaka and Shueisha). Usually no one adds things like this to the database, as they're not sold at normal stores and usually only made for expos, and if it doesn't sell out at the expo you can purchase the items from the JUMP shop, which is all in Japanese, so I don't think a lot of MFC users look in places like that.

I add stuff to the database sometimes, but JUMP makes a whole ton of products, and it's just a lot to add. They definitely have cool stuff, apparel, stationary, pins, and various merch that's super fun. I love JUMP shop XD
    10 days ago
    Holy shit, that jacket is awesome!
    Glad to see more Eyeshield merch in the wild
    10 days ago
    solluxcaptor (10 days ago) #34301516I can't offer you any help but those look amazing and super stylish, especially the jacket.

Thanks, they really are :D
    I was especially nervous about the jacket because a Japanese "Free-Size" could be pretty much anything but it turned out to be a western women's S-M, so it's really near perfect :)
    10 days ago
    10 days ago
    FirstPrev12NextLast
Anime, Figures and Manga For Less!