HomeArticlesArticle #40127Comments

Anime merch, colour schemes and decor...Comments • Anime merch, colour schemes and decor...

TBH all I like is cool colors (Green Blue Purple) when it comes to design but my figure cabinet is bright and vibrant and tbh I'm just here like "I guess I don't care enough to color match it" because that'd mean repainting my room from green to ...not green...
    5 months ago
    I have a similar issue with wall scrolls; I only have two and one is blue, and the other is red. They don't match at all! This used to bother me, but now I don't really care because my room has no feng shui at all.
    5 months ago
    Most of my room is blue, so for posters and other items that take up large space i try not to deviate from that, but for figures, i dont care as much since theyre smaller and i want to have a variety in my collection. I still somehow ended up with mostly blue figures, so i place them in a pattern of blue one,not blue one, blue one, etc
    5 months ago
    My room has a pastel purple/dark pink color scheme, save for my closet, shelf, and figure cabinets. Though my figure cabinets are coordinated (both are glass with silver colored frames), my cabinet and shelf are not. Not to mention, my curtain is quite tacky because it came with the house we're renting lol. Haven't had the chance to get them changed. My walls are just a solid white.

But that aside, I don't really care about color schemes matching, no. My collection is centered more around characters I care about and are attached to rather than buying figures for aesthetics, so there really isn't a color scheme to them. I just buy whatever I want that is aesthetically pleasing to me on its own, of a character that I really love. I would love to have a pastel pink collection tbh, but most pink-haired/pink-themed anime girls are the ones I end up not liking X'D I don't know why. It's not like I'm looking to hate pink-haired girls (like I never go EW SHE HAS PINK HAIR I'LL AUTOMATICALLY HATE HER), in fact I want to like them, but I guess pink-haired anime girls are just written with a specific personality set that I just end up not liking. So no pink-haired figures for me. XD
    5 months ago
    I have a light blue room as well, and I just put up whatever. When you have a ton of stuff up on the wall it kind of stops mattering what colour the actual wall itself is.
    5 months ago
    When buying figures I don't think about will it look good in my collection. I'm sure new figures find their places in my collection. I usually end up displaying figures with same theme or colour :)

However, when it comes to tapestries, cushion covers and things like the color schemes are very important to me. I don't want to see to many different colours in one room, the colours have to match.
    5 months ago
    Color schemes are definitely important when displaying merch, but it never affects my decision to buy it or not. If an item doesn't really suit what I already have, I'll find a new way to display everything until it looks good (which is also part of the fun!)
    5 months ago
    Not for me really... My room is gray and is dark as it was intended for a game room initially, but I just buy what I want, besides everything goes with gray right?! :D
    5 months ago
    Oh definitely, anything I get has to be predominantly blue/green to match my room.
    5 months ago
    I just recently got two Detolf and when I was putting my figures together I was thinking about colors the whole time. All my 'darker' themed figures are together, I have Stardust and the Sepia Mami/Shinobu figures together (purple/yellow complimentary), the teal figures and figures with pinker tones went together on their own shelves too. I wanna take and post some photos once ITEM #681279 (who will go with Swimsuit Stardust and sailor Miku) and maybe ITEM #542905 get here.

Personally I like pastel or bright 'candy' colors, blues purples greens and some yellows are my favorites. I try to make sure colors look good together when making a display, sometimes I use props to 'enhance' the colors too. I also mostly have white furniture as I think it's a better base for showing off colors I like than darker tones. I'm a very visual-oriented person so maybe that's why I care about colors as much as I do.
    5 months ago