HomeArticlesArticle #40338Comments

Which Photo is Best? (Playing with Colored Lights)Comments • Which Photo is Best? (Playing with Colored Lights)

2nd, bc the light on the face and body.
    3 months ago
    ChocolateSpider (4 months ago) #36035965Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I've taken note and tried some of your ideas to make some slight tweaks to #2. I'll have Blake's review up soon. :D

I went with #3 from a purely artistic standpoint. If you want to simply display what the figure is supposed to look like the crowd has spoken.
    3 months ago
    4 months ago
    I think you should try to contrast between one and two, one gives her more of a bad ass vibe and helps give the photo more atmosphere and two helps the details pop and gives her more clarity, so if you can find a medium between these two that should look pretty awesome! Three and Four though are too much and they don't enhance the figure in fact they kind of envelop it which doesn't help to draw the eye, so yeah a combination of one and two would work a lot better. :)
    4 months ago
    2nd one for sure.
    The 1st one overwhelms and takes attention off the figure and I find that 3 and 4 makes the UV light placing a little odd.
    The 2nd one has the right intensity but not too much that you cannot see the details. That's my opinion anyway ^~^
    4 months ago
    I love 1 and 2 and actually think a blend of those 2 would be perfect!! I say a blend of #1 and #2 though, because those 2 images have her face well lit, but if #2 were a just smidge darker in the brightest places of the shot...not too much less though, just barely, and #1 were just a smidge brighter in the darker areas, then the mix of the two would be PERFECTION!!

....which reminds me, you could play around with HDR shots on her. I.e. take a few shots with different exposures then stack them in photoshop to pull out the best areas of each shot (there is also software that stacks them and combines for you)...that would let you ensure the shadows are rich, but visible and not too dark that detail is lost...the face is lit, but not too bright, etc...

That is all me nitpicking for the sake of your questions though, as it is, I think 1 and 2 are great shots of her by the way!!!
    4 months ago
    Whichever you chose, remember that you want important aspects of the figure to be directly lit (without a shadow casting over it). I think the first two represent that concept well, but I voted for the second photo. The lighting on that one is INCREDIBLE.
    4 months ago
    The first two pictures are better because the face is well ligthed.
    4 months ago
    Rajke Ca fanatic
    dificult to choose between nr 1 and 2. For figures with an attacking pose or intimidating vibe i would go for 1. Nr 1 shows all details and i like the way the face looks with this light. For figures that have a more happy pose or cheerful character i would choose nr 2. Nr 2 shows more details than the other photo's. For this figure i like number 1 the most.
    4 months ago
    The main thing I was going for was just to find a combination of light and shadow with enough purple light present to make the image look dramatic while still complementing the character. And you are right that the shadowing in 3 is perhaps a bit much, but it was still one of the better shots I took.

victorviper (4 months ago) #36027364The shadowing in 3 is kind of distracting, and in 1 the purple lighting overwhelms the shot.
    What's the effect you're going for?
    4 months ago
    FirstPrev12NextLast
Europe's friend for everything manga, anime and related merchandise!