HomeArticlesArticle #40500Comments

Update on Griffon Enterprises/Grand Toys (Possible Bankruptcy)Comments • Update on Griffon Enterprises/Grand Toys (Possible Bankruptcy)

Oddly enough, I just managed to add ITEM #1082 to my collection after searching around for awhile!
    7 days ago
    Chloe-tsundere The louise otaku
    Some of their figs were really decent, especially that kirino there.. really want her so many regrets i didnt buy her.

While I dont my like most of their figs I still feel sad that they got bankrupt. There are ppl who love their figs and while quality wasnt superb, thry did do the lesser known characters a lot and that I appreciate. Im still happy with my mio isurugi ^^ cause of this. Only fig out there aside from 2 prize-like figs
    7 days ago
    useful follow up. i didn't have any of their figures on order, but i feel bad about how they're doing. hopefully something will come up soon so we can get some final answers.
    9 days ago
    Pahsmina (9 days ago) #37283011MFC when Griffon were making figures: "I hate Grifon, they make so bad figures, not pre-ordering this one!"
    Mfc when Griffon is no longer: "Give us the sweet gossip."

I never got a figure from Griffon, and was hoping this would be my first, but looks like aren't around anymore, rip.
    9 days ago
    Mfc when Griffon is no longer: "Give us the sweet gossip."
    9 days ago
    Oof, was hoping for some good new tbh, at least their newer Tohka doesn't cost too much yet
    10 days ago
    Necroid_Neko (10 days ago) #37250418Does anyone know a way to contact Team Genesis? They had the prototype of ITEM #180754, so I want to know if they'll be able to release her via garage kit. I'm really desperate to get hold of her, but it looks like Griffon's truly dead this time

No, their only contact was through Griffon, you can try on Twitter but idk if the members names were ever released.
    10 days ago
    10 days ago
    MillyParis (10 days ago) #37247348I'm very sad about Griffon's lack of response towards their customers and distributors (btw, my other two emails yesterday got ignored.)
    Seriously, thank you for the response. I was expecting a lot of people to say "fuck Griffon idc" but everyone's been so kind.

They disappeared in the blink of an eye after announcing countless projects. Something happened quickly which was probably due to a failure of an element that brought them back temporarily on the market for a short period of time.

I think the frustration with Griffon is mainly a thing of the past. Frustrated customers are now somewhere else and the only remaining people interested in their whereabouts are individuals that were/are still interested in a few of their new offerings.
    10 days ago
    Redliger (11 days ago) #37223274Thank you for doing all the leg for everyone here on MFC. We really appreciate it!railas (10 days ago) #37229345Wow, quite the sleuthing you've done! I'm sad to hear that griffon seems like it is dead or dying...I loved their Rozen Maiden line.Clozdark (10 days ago) #37230129I will missing out those never come figureschunnin33 (10 days ago) #37238099Because of all this going on it will now cost me an extra $120 minimum when I eventually buy it thanks to new taxation >_>sailormatlac (10 days ago) #37247013Thanks for the follow up. Griffon's disappearance after a short and mysterious return always puzzled me. The extent of abandoned accounts, websites, communication channels and no participation to industry events are indeed indicating this company is now an empty shell.
    I wouldn't be surprised it's the case. The world or railroads (particularly in North America) is full of "defunct" companies still alive on paper, including many that didn't provide any service or have no employee since the late 19th century. These business structures were far too complicated to bother terminating them due to legal procedures so they live up to this day, hidden behind larger corporate entities. They do no harm, cost nothing to keep alive and can be useful from time to time when ones need an entity for tax credits and other such things.
    My only complain would be that Griffon should have notified its distributors and retailers the projects were officially terminated. I'm wondering how long AmiAmi will keep pushing fake release dates! I can foresee them doing that well into the 2020s at this rate! ;-)
    That said, as much as I had a love/hate relation with that company, I wish their designs could have been transferred to another company...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. If anyone has other leads, I will gladly try and follow them.

10 days ago