HomeArticlesArticle #40510Comments
123585 items, Rare/Limited/Exclusive, Since 2007

Hobby Budget: 1,000,000 Yen - Hypothetical PollComments • Hobby Budget: 1,000,000 Yen - Hypothetical Poll

Only things that would be an immediate purchase would be smart doll summer and an asuna titania nendoroid and a no game no life scale figure. Would end up saving the rest for other stuff like clothes I want. I would buy more plants for my butterfly garden or buy a bed side table so my room can look as nice as my display case hehe. Even though there's a lot on my wish list I like to turn it down to what do I really really want. I guess that would be considered my holy grails which lucky for me are only out of reach because I don't have money. They are relatively available.
    8 days ago
    Since I only collect a few types of figures I would just continue spending how I do. Will likely use the money to travel for events in Japan like Wonfes or Comiket.

And then invest the remainder of the money while they aren't being used.
    8 days ago
    Pinokkio (9 days ago) #37330009This will be my purpose of life now! Shipping it will be a pain in the ass though (I hoop eventually it can fly).

Sad to say the budget would barely cover the costs of disassembling, shipping and assembling...
    9 days ago
    Sorry if you haven't yet paid your loans, I would walk away with the entire amount! ;-)

That said, I would keep exactly the same collecting pace, nothing more nothing less because things you buy easily are less satisfying. That said, I guess I would spend to build a sizeable building to house the collection, including custom-made shelves and cabinet and dedicated lighting. In short: a mini-museum. Great figures badly displayed aren't great isn't it! ;-)
    9 days ago
    Pinokkio Want to be free!
    whobdaplaya (10 days ago) #37259197Not to turn this into Bogleheads, but LMAO @ XIV (and VIX)!
    Doing "conventional" ETFs like VOO, VTI, VO and VB :)
    I'd buy this. Would need a HUUUGE Detolf to display it though :P

9 days ago
    A really nice walk in closet
    9 days ago
    I’d put it down on a really nice house.
    More room to display figures, and I can use future money that would otherwise have gone to paying the rent/mortgage on fueling my obsession hobby.
    9 days ago
    I'd renovate my room & bathroom, & buy furniture. Whatever's left, I'll split, and deposit half into the bank. The rest I'll pay for downpayment/half of preorders, buy some pusheen merchandise, 1 figure from my wishlist, & cat vitamins & medicine.
    10 days ago
    I would use everything in figures,hookers and blackjack.... in fact, forget the figures.....

Nah... i would invest them and use the interest profit to savings and use a part of the saving in figures, unless i win 1,000,000USD, then i would expend 10,000USD in figures
    10 days ago
    actually, there's a real life version of a 20,000 USD story that i'm too familiar with.

15K in Final fantasy brave exivus
    2K in Fate Grand Order
    2K in Fire Emblem Heroes
    1K in Star Ocean Anamnesis

then around 700 bucks in impulse buys on Tony Taka's swimsuit figures and 400 bucks on T2's hentai figures.
    10 days ago