HomeArticlesArticle #41865Comments

Card Captor Sakura Clear Card: help adding items to databaseComments • Card Captor Sakura Clear Card: help adding items to database

Necroid_Neko (2 days ago) #48451131Sorry, I was just trying to help :(Kaneel (2 days ago) #48447603I just stumbled over this blog which explains where the sudden inlfux of entries came from.
    Let me start with a link to a club you should join right now if you want to make database entries and are looking for advise
    CLUB #828
    I fixed up a heap of necroid entries and notices some general issues you ran into so i'll point them out in relation to CCS.
    For goods in general, the title field stays empty.
    The only time you want to use it is for things like replicas of sakuras wand
    Yume no Tsue/ 夢の杖 (dream wand)
    Fuuin no Tsue/ 封印の杖 (sealing wand)
    Hoshi no Tsue/ 星の杖 (star wand)
    You need to make sure to add the information you see on shop or manufacturer listings in the proper category.
    The further information and title field should not be used to dump the info there and double post it.
    Let's take ITEM #796863 for example
    Using AmiAmi's listing as a reference www.amiami.com/...
    The english item description is repeated in japanese right under it
    カードキャプターさくら クリアカード編 コスチュームシューズシリーズ 缶バッジC
    There you can take japanese writings for version fields and also check if there might be translation mistakes in the english listing.
    Even google translate is helpful for this but if you have zero knowledge in japanese you should first ask for help here thread/984
    The english translation on AA might not be 100% accurate, for example it translates 缶バッジ as tin badge, which was used for the entry, however it is can badge ENTRY #23437
    If you are able to search for goods types copy pasting the japanese description you won't run into that issue so easily.
    When you use sites like AmiAmi or Hobby Search for reference you need to deduct the 8% tax from the listing price, this is the one striked through.
    Or you double check in the bigger info field below the picture, where it is seperately mentioned.
    There is also the jan code displayed which you want to add all the times for regular released items.
    It helps a lot when you search in mfc's database for items but also for shopping search purposes for sites.
    The shop bots can only react to entries with a jan code same as when you click on the jan code and the partner window pop's up.
    This is just some starter info which hopefully helps to check through the entries you guys made and fix them a bit.
    Which brings me to the last point
    browse/search/
    if you scroll way down you see the field username, if you use your own you can easily see what items you added to the database.
    Same with any classifications, use entry/ and select "created by" from the dropdown, input your name in the field and voila.
    if you have any more questions please feel free to ask them here :)

I have a intellectual Disability and all this stuff you said is kind of confusing, sorry...I mostly try my best with the databases, only with CCS Plushie and CCS Keychain mostly, I try with wall scroll a few times but did not get them right, sorry if anything wrong with my database of CCS, I only try my best in what I know since everything is confussing when it come to add things in the database....
    2 days ago
    Necroid_Neko (2 days ago) #48451131Sorry, I was just trying to help :(

I think you doing a good job :) I saw you add some CCS stuff and to me, I think they look fine
    2 days ago
    Kaneel (2 days ago) #48447603Snip

Sorry, I was just trying to help :(
    2 days ago
    Kaneel on Ice
    cutesherry (3 days ago) #48316378snip
    IntoOpenWaters (6 days ago) #48120094snip
    AnimeGirl1350 (6 days ago) #48094236snip
    Necroid_Neko (6 days ago) #48092210snip

CLUB #828

For goods in general, the title field stays empty.

The only time you want to use it is for things like replicas of sakuras wand

Yume no Tsue/ 夢の杖 (dream wand)
    Fuuin no Tsue/ 封印の杖 (sealing wand)
    Hoshi no Tsue/ 星の杖 (star wand)

Let's take ITEM #796863 for example
    Using AmiAmi's listing as a reference www.amiami.com/...
    The english item description is repeated in japanese right under it
    カードキャプターさくら クリアカード編 コスチュームシューズシリーズ 缶バッジC

Which brings me to the last point

browse/search/

if you have any more questions please feel free to ask them here :)
    2 days ago
    AnimeGirl1350 (6 days ago) #48094236I can try and help out but mostly only good with adding keychains, plushie and wallscroll and if all the info already on online store like amiami or other store like that but I am not the best with adding CCS stuff to the databaseIntoOpenWaters (6 days ago) #48120094There are a few items that I have actually wanted to add (not CCS-related), but I'm always paranoid I'm going to screw it up or be lacking too much information. I've read through the entire guidelines for adding items, and somehow it didn't make me feel any more confident lol. I'd be really happy to help add things in general if I felt more confident about doing so, anyways.Necroid_Neko (6 days ago) #48092210If you can give me a rundown on adding new stuff correctly I'll help out :)

I realize better than anyone how complicated the CCS database can be due to all the special events, festivals, collaborations etc... and now, there are also official products from China and Taiwan I'm not sure yet how to deal with
    But as a fan and a collector, I'd really like to be this one place on the internet at least that can serve as reference to all the CCS lovers out there to see what are the merchandise available and with all the details possible.

If all the CCS items listed in AmiAmi were inputted here, it would already be HUGE! No need to look further!
    As for adding items, I'm not sure about explaining it myself ^^;
    For me, the biggest difficulty is to have the information to input in the database, in in this sens AmiAmi's description gives everything we need

It's about selecting the image of the item, selecting the category (goods, medias, figure), selecting 'Card Captor Sakura Clear Card' as the anime series, inputting the name of the manufacturer as seen in the AmiAmi's pages descriptions, adding release dates and prices.
    And if you are not sure of yourself and think you might have done something wrong, post it as a "draft" (check the little box at the very bottom with "draft" written next to it), so that someone else can edit if they see something wrong or want to add more to what you had already inputted.

Thank you again for your interest and answers!
    3 days ago
    6 days ago
    6 days ago
    If you can give me a rundown on adding new stuff correctly I'll help out :)
    6 days ago
    I’m not a CCS collector, but for all who are and have knowledge better than I, please help this article’s author :)
    6 days ago
The world's finest hobby kits and toys, direct from Japan.