HomeArticlesArticle #42099Comments

MFC / Wonfes DiscordComments • MFC / Wonfes Discord

hitagicrab27 Filthy Casual ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    chosokabe_senshu (2 months ago) #50985919soooo how come you cant chat (or at least must required to have a permission) on the forum????
    You're required to have a phone number attached to your username to be able to do anything in there. If you don't wish to verify with a phone number, an admin can manually assign a role for you so you don't have to go through that. Just let us know your username and we'll change your role for you (if you're already in the server).
    2 months ago
    2 months ago
    oic °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
    Joined!
    2 months ago
    ive been using discord for a few years and i swear its mostly anime servers and gaming lool we all fit in dw <3
    2 months ago
    Finally joined as well ^_^ (even tho I have no idea how this thing works XD)
    2 months ago
    Joined :3

Jenthehen (2 months ago) #50935278Can someone explain to me why discord became the go to nerd networking (chatting?) platform? It seems really exclusionary and gaming specific which is why I barely have any idea what it is ...
    I guess I’ll download the app ... am I too old for it? Will I be instantly kicked off? :DDDD

The real reason is: you can create a Server of your own without actually paying for it, as the "previous" winner for gaming/whatever was TeamSpeak and they sure as hell made you pay for it! Plus it started as a free one with possibility to help the creators with some money without the need to have a Server of your own, then gif emojis started spreading, the possibility to even have the game library where to buy stuff and all... in the end it became a good place to wander around if you have more than 2 servers with people
    2 months ago
    Jenthehen Otaku at Law
    talentlesstroll (2 months ago) #50935473From my understanding, it was originally for gaming, but its basically general audience at this point. Its kind of just like old 90s chat rooms, but more streamlined and accessible to normal people, instead of having to use IRC clients and such.

The owners should stop calling it “a chat room for gamers” then bc I read that and assume oh not for me!
    2 months ago

2 months ago
    Jenthehen Otaku at Law

2 months ago
    Sounds fun! Happy to join!
    2 months ago
    FirstPrev12NextLast
Buy Anime figurines and japanese popculture collectibles at figuya.com