HomeArticlesArticle #42550Comments

Help Disassembling Hatsune Miku Jumbo Nendo!Comments • Help Disassembling Hatsune Miku Jumbo Nendo!

lastmariachi (9 days ago) #57049344
    You can try to un-glue that part to find out if the inside of that same piece you are detaching contains the actual connecting part that you see on the other images but most likely you will be missing the front part so I wouldn't recommend it.

I considered this. I would have thought that I was seeing the part of the 'socket' that was supposed to be hidden. But when I look inside that piece, it doesn't match up with what you'd expect to see looking at the backside of that socket. So I think it's a different part entirely.
    9 days ago
    From all the images I've seen in the comments, I have a large suspicion that they might have made a mistake during the assemblage of this product. What it looks like they did was accidentally glue that rear connecting part to the front. That L and R is indication to tell the employees what goes where (instead of the buyer) when they are inserting that piece and gluing it to the back piece. Hence why you struggled to take it apart because it was meant to stay in that socket glued. It is a type of assembling mechanism that helps, a piece with pulling pressure, have extra support after the glue weakens with time. They might have failed during the assembling part so they just decided to ignore the other part (which was meant to go in the front piece) and 'fix' it by just inserting it in the socket hoping no one will notice.

9 days ago
    hugtower (11 days ago) #56901183Jnk1296 (11 days ago) #56901094
    The only other thing I can think of is you’re sure you didn’t get ITEM #117982 instead, right? I doubt it if you’ve got faceplates but... ;-; otherwise if it only seems like one piece I’d pick the face you like the most and if it seems like it’ll hold together just never change it OTL

Welp, I'm officially confused.

GSC wrote me back, told me this:

GSCThank you for your support of Good Smile Company.

From the image you provided,we can say that is how the parts are supposed to be.

So I don't know if there were two different variants of the front hair piece or what. Makes absolutely zero sense because it's a terrible design IMO.

I also actually found a Thai unboxing video of her where the guy's Miku had this same weird connection, but it's been the only other instance I've been able to come across of it.

Oh well, I guess.
    10 days ago
    migur (11 days ago) #56902549I wrote a review about the figure, Maybe check it out to see wheter my pictures differ from your Jumbo. I didn't have any problems with her.

Yeah, yours looks the same as hugtower's, which looks different from mine. :(
    10 days ago
    11 days ago
    hugtower (11 days ago)

Nope, I double checked. UPC matches the MFC pages. :( Also the issue now is I'm not sure I can put her back together because that wedge is so much wider than the hole (no wonder I had so much trouble getting it apart lmao).

I'm contacting GSC to see if there's anything they could possibly do, though I doubt it.

Thanks for the help, though!
    11 days ago
    Jnk1296 (11 days ago) #56901094
    11 days ago
    hugtower (11 days ago) #56901001Jnk1296 (11 days ago) #56900831 ok that’s weird bc mine is not shaped like that. Where did the piece go though? In your pic with the red circle it looked like mine so maybe the socket did come off and is on the ‘peg’? That’s gotta be it

Yeaaa that picture was one I found on the internet for illustrative purposes. lol This is the first time I've ever had this apart. Judging by the piece, it doesn't seem like two pieces stuck together to me. It just seems like one, totally different piece altogether.
    11 days ago
    11 days ago
    bambipie (11 days ago) #56900906Yeah I saw lol from here, I have no idea. Sorry and good luck!

Thanks. I think I might just take a shot in the dark and contact GSC and see what they say about it.
    11 days ago
    FirstPrev12NextLast
Buy from Japan. Easier than ever.