HomeArticlesArticle #42554Comments

Phone StrapsComments • Phone Straps

Not sure why everyone is saying smaller items are impossible to get second-hand. The biggest part of my collection is small items and very few were bought new. With the rise of Ita-bags smaller items are in super high demand and there's a very active market for them.
    8 days ago
    Jenthehen Otaku at Law
    mintea (9 days ago) #57057488Depends on the franchise and where you look because I could think up quite a few series you can find plenty of goods for on the aftermarket that are legit but I have no idea if it'd be any help to OP. It's definitely possible though... Problem is is that it requires a proxy to buy from most of said sites.

That is true for some stuff, but the prices for preorder and aftermarket on these items tend to be pretty much the same (unless your only option is a major markup on goodsrepublic!) so if you really want something you may as well preorder it!
    9 days ago
    Jenthehen (9 days ago) #57021271Like others have said, it's nearly impossible to find authentic merch of straps / key chains / buttons (badges) / etc. in the aftermarket (often there's plenty of Chinese bootlegs, but really - what's the point then???)

9 days ago
    Elise_Grimwald Genius Puppeteer
    Definitely pick it up now if you want it. While you MIGHT be able to find it on the aftermarket, it will take forever, if it ever comes up at all. I started playing Danganronpa 2 way after release (for example), and it's nearly impossible to get merch that isn't recently released or a bootleg. There are pieces here and there, but not a lot. There are some pieces of older merch I want and absolutely cannot get. Anything new is easy enough to find, but merch from the original release and even the release of the anime (3) is hard to get.
    Limited stuff is even worse. Once the deadline passes for it, it costs way too much and is hard to find.
    9 days ago
    Jenthehen Otaku at Law
    9 days ago
    To be completely honest it depends on how much the item means to you. If you think you will like it enough then go for it. But from someone who collected way to many straps but not longer loves that series as much it kind of hurts. I am pretty much giving away the straps when I sell figures. It is sort of sad because I have spent almost 4 times as much per item before but too me its almost not worth it to try and sell them. I do have them listed but I feel like it was become to burdensome to collect so much small stuff. Sorry for the uncommon opinion. If its just this one strap go for it, but just be cautious of collecting too much.

edit: to be clear I still collect straps but for me if I can not get it during the preorder I do not think I will be trying to hunt it down ever again, it was too much for me personally. Only one item I would love to have is a single strap and only goods wishlisted item,ITEM #745265 maybe some day when I have the energy for it I will try to find it.
    10 days ago
    Definitely order it!! I agree with everything others have said. It took me 6 years to track this down after I missed out on the preorder. ITEM #121025
    10 days ago
    Like everyone else has said, if you want it, get it now before it's too late. Smaller, niche items like straps-especially limited ones-are hard to track down the line. If you're looking at a decent price right now, I'd recommend pulling the trigger before it's too late.
    10 days ago
    Seconding everyone else. Small stuff can be a nightmare to find so I wouldn’t put it off. There’s things I missed years ago that I still haven’t found. If it’s list price that’s a fair one.
    10 days ago
    Only really been interested in a couple phone straps, but I'd say go for it asap. Searching for small goods in the aftermarket is hell with having to look through every buying platform, comparing prices, etc.
    10 days ago