HomeArticlesArticle #42769Comments

Impulse Issues and Potentially Closing AmiAmi AccountComments • Impulse Issues and Potentially Closing AmiAmi Account

hi there , I know everyone give you some advice , but please read the following points .

1- collecting figures is due to lack of some internal needs . so you need to find what makes you happy . find another hobby such as drawing , painting ..etc

2- I used to order from hoppy search and one day I decided to stop buying figures , so I ignored all warning and my account with hobby search got banned . I tried after to open a new account different address with different names , but It didn't work they kept closing my account.

and after a while I started to order figures again from AMIAMI !!

3- I started to order from AMIAMI , and once I had too may pre orders . how ever I explained to them that I cant pay some of my pre order due to change of release date and I cant pay all of them in a short period , so please cancel the following items . and they agreed . I canalled more than 5 pre order items .

I put too many restrictions to myself in preorder , even I destroyed too many of my figures but it didn't work .however I think the best option is to put keep a dead line or if there are some figures in your mind you buy them , and after that not even think to search on the net .

good luck to all of us.
    try to be creative instead of consumer . I started to draw or even draw some figures with copic marker sounds great . the most important thing is to put a deadline and end no more figures and no more preorder. A good idea also is to hide your figures or store them some where away from your sight .
    6 days ago
    Moeromoero Chinese Dress Hunter
    AmiAmi is so customer friendly that they give your more options to deal with the issue.
    I would say if you decide to move on and stop impulse purchases. Just close the account.

In such way, even if you browse the AmiAmi online shop again, you could still remind yourself that
    you're done with AmiAmi. There's no way back to the shopping addiction.

But it's just the first step.
    Farewell with one site could mean you buy stuffs on another site.
    If it isn't figures, it could be clothes, smartphones....anything.
    Therefore, next thing to do is to burn your credit cards into ash with Amaterasu.
    Not just saying "fxxk you cards" 100 times, but destroying the physical cards.

Use debit cards (bank cards) exclusively would help yo figure it how much you spent right the way,
    you see the bank balance rolling, you can feel the pain.
    Unlike credit cards, outstanding payment isn't due you feel like nothing have happened yet.

I would say a pre-order is a promise to trade.
    I haven't cancel any pre-orders sofar even if they're impulse purchases.
    Because AmiAmi allows customers to pre-order without cash upfront or any deposit
    is such an advantage to us and such a huge risk to them.
    AmiAmi pays to the manufacturers on behave of us prior to your payment at arrival.
    If everyone easily cancel pre-orders, AmiAmi would have spend more time to let go the inventory. Thus, If I don't want the stuffs I pre-ordered, I just swallow them. And resell them to someone else.

Japanese business believes in the "Customer is god" cliche
    but I think customers canceling orders should disclose the reasons and say sorry.
    6 days ago
    Fakkuza (7 days ago) #59194565So if I ask them to cancel my account they will not ban me, and I can make a new account From what I've read from the posts here, they keep a record of your email address, your address and the isp you used with them. They're pretty strict wih their one account per person, so if you're thinking of starting a clean slate with a new account, it might cause more trouble and might get you banned immediately.
    6 days ago
    I will tell you, as someone who closed my Amiami account at the beginning of this year in order to cut back on my impulse spending and preorders... closing one store account doesn't mean much. It feels like a very big step, and I understand that; it feels as good as cutting up a credit card or something else very final like that, but it ultimately means very little, because it is SO easy to return to impulse spending. I quit Amiami because of my financial situation, which righted itself when I got a job that could support my hobby--but what happened when I closed my account was that I ultimately just started to spend the same money and more elsewhere. I made a big post about it in January, I believe. It helped me cut off my preorders for a while, but in the end, I just kept ordering in other places.

So. While I feel like there is good intention behind a decision like that, and it shows that you want to do what is necessary, in my experience it doesn't do much to solve the problem. You have to get to the bottom of your impulse spending and tackle it, leaving Amiami won't solve it all. Fighting impulse spending and shopping can be a constant thing. I'm still working on mine, on figuring out what I can safely do and what I need not to do. So I wish you the best of luck! If you do decide to close your Amiami account, that is a good first step, but don't stop there, and don't become complacent in placing orders elsewhere "as long as it's not Amiami" because preorders pile up no matter which shop you use.
    7 days ago
    Okeno (7 days ago) #59195016If a ban happens, it's your e-mail address completely banned (you won't be able to login and you can't make an account with that e-mail because the account still exists but locked and prohibited from logging in) and possibly your mailing address. I'd say get a backup e-mail and mailing address if you want to re-open later and try and wait a few months or longer or a year before trying to open a new one. It's all risky and I don't know for sure. ok thanks for the information
    7 days ago
    Fakkuza (7 days ago) #59194816do you know if they will ban the account or just ban me from buying stuff from my address/card?
    7 days ago
    Okeno (7 days ago) #59194772I've never done that. I assume a cancellation may equal a ban. I assume you have no more pre-orders so you just want it shut down. It may be worth asking before you do it. do you know if they will ban the account or just ban me from buying stuff from my address/card?
    7 days ago
    7 days ago
    insanecha (7 days ago) #59192557how many orders did you cancel? You're just temporarily suspended, so you'll still be able to use your account, but you might be banned without notice if you still cancel orders.Okeno (7 days ago) #59191889Not yet. It says you have been prohibited from placing new orders for a month, and if you keep cancelling again, you may be locked down/banned. So if I ask them to cancel my account they will not ban me, and I can make a new account
    7 days ago
    insanecha (7 days ago) #59192557how many orders did you cancel? You're just temporarily suspended, so you'll still be able to use your account, but you might be banned without notice if you still cancel orders. I did like 2 large orders but I am gonna have to cancel all the rest of my orders on my account.
    7 days ago
    FirstPrev123NextLast
Your Bridge to Deals in the Islands of the Rising Sun.