HomeArticlesArticle #43372Comments

JOJO loot (a few 'firsts', picture heavy, talk heavy)Comments • JOJO loot (a few 'firsts', picture heavy, talk heavy)

strawberrylatte (8 months ago) #64902300Yeah I've found that they tend to make characters look sunburnt sometimes. Kinda ironic for Dio :')
    I own that shadow Dio figure and while I like his face, I'm also not a fan of how they painted his hair. It looks kinda gritty and unfinished.
    Shame, as I love that look of him. Maybe if he'd been a larger scale that could have been avoided.
    Nothing but love and respect for Jonathan Joestar ❤
    Aww that's sweet. The Crusaders for sure would welcome you. They'd be a cool bunch you could listen to for hours.
    Thank you!! :D

Yeah from the photos i saw he usually does actually retain a pretty good face, and the pose in general has a lot of movement to it too, i love everything about it except the actual quality and size of the figure lmao

and no problem! <3
    8 months ago
    AlienEmoji (8 months ago) #64898279I think their weakest point tends to be face paint (on such a small scale I can see why), and I'm not fond of how they paint larger surfaces of skin, which is why I'm avoiding the shadow DIO one by them
    Bless! I'm always happy to hear Jonathan is beloved by someone lmao
    and yes exactly, they are such different characters that it's hard to compare them
    tbh the stardust crusaders are like, the second fictional group of people that i would actually want to meet (first being the Undertale cast lmao)? usually i feel like meeting my favourite characters would be awkward and embarrassing but crusaders come across like they'd be cool with you no matter what kind of a freak you are lmao
    And that's great!!
    Mad respect for anyone who can put up with charcoal lmao, that was the bane of my existence in college

Nothing but love and respect for Jonathan Joestar ❤

Thank you!! :D
    8 months ago
    strawberrylatte (8 months ago) #64898023Whenever I see a new figure from them, I'm like..."but what does it really look like..."
    I tend to wait long after release unless it's limited and I really love the character. Kinda hate how much the prices rise on those >.<
    I'm tempted to pick up the Rohan memo holder because he looks good.
    Ah Jonathan is actually my fave JoJo after Giorno. I love them both...and Dio lol
    Yeah I never really got the ranking thing tbh. I like all the JoJos for different reasons. Each one is unique and everybody likes different personalities, so there's a JoJo for everyone ( ^-^)/★
    I really like Jotaro too. Stardust Crusaders does have that nostalgic big road trip adventure vibe. And I love the Crusader crew.
    Yes, I draw :)
    Though I work primarily in traditional media. My digital art is rusty. I much prefer working with pencils and charcoal.

Bless! I'm always happy to hear Jonathan is beloved by someone lmao

And that's great!!
    8 months ago
    solluxcaptor (8 months ago) #64898073Woah, amazing loot! I used to be a pretty Jojo focused collector so it was kinda cool to see all the new stuff since I stopped keeping up with it. The cel is super cool! And the RAH looks amazing, I love mine too :D All of the Jojo RAH are spectacular

Thank you! :D
    8 months ago
    8 months ago
    AlienEmoji (8 months ago) #64898003Yeahh Di Molto Bene tend to do that...
    I might pick up the Bruno pen if I ever find a really good deal, but I am not really keeping hopes, prices for Di Molto Bene stuff just tend to rise with time from what i've seen
    Characters like Jonathan help you keep faith in humanity tbh, a real inspiration
    and yet here i am falling head over heels for that DIO motherfucker
    It always hurts a bit to see people rank JoJos and put Jonathan at the bottom of the list, he deserves so much better! Then again ranking JoJos is a fool's errand anyway, it's apples and oranges, my preferred ones literally tend to shift based on which one I'm currently thinking of LMAO
    The only exception being Jotaro who's just very near and dear to my heart because SDC is my favourite part and it feels super homey so he has that weird nostalgic factor to him
    Do you also draw? <:

I'm tempted to pick up the Rohan memo holder because he looks good.

Yes, I draw :)
    8 months ago
    strawberrylatte (8 months ago) #64863865That's true. I was super excited about the pens, but then I saw that they were kinda lacking the detail shown in the prototypes.
    I'm always on the fence about Di Molto Bene because their quality varies.
    I will still pick the pens up though, but they're not really a priority.
    Absolutely! Mama capo ftw!! <3
    I really love characters like Jonathan too. He's near and dear to my heart. I love gentle and pure hearted characters that always try to do good despite circumstances.
    It's very motivating.
    And I get that too. Araki is for sure very inspiring and one of my fave artists.
    I'm glad he was able to help with your art rut. Those are the worst @_@
    And you are very welcome <3

Yeahh Di Molto Bene tend to do that...

and yet here i am falling head over heels for that DIO motherfucker

Do you also draw? <:
    8 months ago
    Sundae (8 months ago) #64859634Hey there! It's been awhile, hope you've been doing well ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Awesome loot! The RAH Dio is especially impressive. I love that they gave him all the knives haha​

I love how Kakyoin's nendo came out too! He easily has the best faces of all of the Jojo nendos so far imo. I was really hoping Bruno would come with this expression: ​View spoilerHide spoilerhttps://66.media.tumblr.com/b9b7af6d62eb88278cb98ab62d7f86e7/tumblr_pnpgkiCqpr1xdp5z0o5_r1_540.gif
    I was planning on buying him because he's my favorite from part 5, but the price is a bit much considering how little he comes with. I'm still stoked that Mista is getting one though, hopefully they make the whole gang eventually! I'd also love to see more characters from other parts, since they've announced so many I assume they're selling well.​

I didn't end up picking up that Kirishima, but it looks like he's finally got several figures in the works so I'm excited to see prototypes!​

The animation cel is really cool as well, it's great that you were able to find such a pivotal scene from that episode. Overall nice haul!

Hey! I think I'm doing pretty alright, hope it's the same (or hopefully better) for you! <:

And of course, if he doesn't have all his knives whats even the point LMAO

I'm pretty sure all of us Bruno fans hoped for him to come with that face plate u_u
    I was also very much considering buying him but after the extras were revealed, ehh.. i'm not so sure. Unless Mista has like, REALLY fun extras, then I likely won't get him either bc whats the point of having any other vento aureo nendo if mama bruno ain't there...........

and yes!! it would be great if they did a full squad for bucci gang, la squadra and the crusaders! personally I'd love to see nendoroid abbacchio, melone and avdol!

the shelf i designated for my hero academia might be a bit too small to properly accomodate the new kirishimas i will probably get so i need to figure out how to resolve that issue lmao
    i will definitely preorder this one ITEM #836930 as soon as i have some money to spare, and i'm really excited for the reveal of the kotobukiya one!

and thank you! <3
    8 months ago
    Aloren (8 months ago) #64859004this was a blast to read haha. everything you wrote was so passionate and like,,, your love hate for DIO was the funniest thing while not with DIO specifically, i've definitely had the feeling with a certain character before YIKES but anyway super nice loot! congrats on the cel of basara too, i'm glad you managed to get part of a scene that was important to you :)

Thank you!! ^^
    8 months ago
    AlienEmoji (8 months ago) #64858970I think the closest to a good Bruno figure that gets his beautiful face pretty well is the pen one by Di Molto Bene, but I am not too wild about it's posing and I am not 100% sure if I trust DMB's quality. My Statue Legend Kakyoin looks great, but some photos I've seen of other character statues are pretty rough..
    And yes, exactly! If he was just a badass capo I wouldn't be as moved, but just... the pure goodness in this man's heart!! in my opinion he's the character that came the closest to Jonathan in terms of pure goodness. we stan mafia mom <3
    his art inspired me so much, I was in a huge miserable art block rut and had no idea where i want to take my work next and then i got into jojo and like.. literally a whole new world of art opened up to me. araki is one of the few people that i genuinely and whole-heartedly look up to.
    and thank you <3

I'm always on the fence about Di Molto Bene because their quality varies.
    I will still pick the pens up though, but they're not really a priority.

Absolutely! Mama capo ftw!! <3
    It's very motivating.

I'm glad he was able to help with your art rut. Those are the worst @_@
    And you are very welcome <3
    8 months ago
    FirstPrev123NextLast
Buy from Japan. Easier than ever.