HomeArticlesArticle #43463Comments

Loose leg?Comments • Loose leg?

Of course! Loctite will work just as well as the cement stuff everyone talked about. Plus it won't show as much either and drys clear

inasa (9 days ago) #65437554i assume its due to the age aswell! im looking at some loctite glue and hoping that will work! thank you!
    9 days ago
    inasa (9 days ago) #65437823i think cement sounds a little excessive personally? im looking at some pvc glue (specifically loctite) after looking at previous similar articles...ill be trying that first but the cement is a good idea if the glue fails me

PVC loctite actually does just about the same thing plastic cement does. Not QUITE as well, but they both basically try to melt the two pieces together (which is the optimal way to fix this since you can do any of the other fixes without ripping the netting off to get at the leg). Either or should work fine, so don't worry! It's all about how much of the stuff you use. You don't want to put too much of either on because when you squeeze the two pieces together excess material will ooze out. Shouldn't be a problem with a small enough applicator though. Let us know how it goes! This is honestly a pretty rare issue, so it'd be interesting to know how it went.
    9 days ago

I can’t speak specifically for this case, but the reason cement is better than glue in general for figures is that it basically turns two pieces of plastic into one where as glue just fastens things together. Glue can become weaker as time goes on and can come apart more easily as it ages.

That said when it comes to figures I do carry both super glue and plastic cement as they each have applications they work best at.

Edit: Actually, PVC loctite sounds like it functions as plastic cement.
    9 days ago
    Xyes (10 days ago) #65388340I would try to aquire a syringe that hospitals use and try to fill it with a plastic cement. Sounds really difficult. Something like this Amazon listing.
    www.amazon.com/...
    (I am not sure if this is a referral link. I normally use one but I tried to clear it before posting).
    If it were me, I would buy those and something like Tamiya plastic cement and try to glue it through the holes.

Xardej (10 days ago) #65396515All you really have to do is put some plastic cement in an applicator small enough to get into the netting, turn the leg back into the position you want, and then apply some cement.This is an incredibly rare type of issue (pieces like this are usually firmly attached via square pegs to prevent this sort of thing), but nothing terribly hard to fix. It'll take more work finding an appropriate applicator than it will doing the actual fix nanoyasa.

9 days ago
    AnimeCowgirl33 (10 days ago) #65388276I actually have never had that happen to any of my bunny figures but it could be due to how old she is or something else. If you did want to glue her leg back on, it would be quite a task which would involve cutting on the fishnet and sewing it back to place once you are finished
    Another thing you could do it try to put a little glue on the leg between the holes of the fishnet and see if it stays that way without having to do all of that

9 days ago
    10 days ago

www.amazon.com/...

10 days ago
    10 days ago
    CaptainZ (10 days ago) #65385234I would bring it up to whoever you bought it from. That or try and to see if you can put in a claim for damages from the shippers.
    its no big deal and im like 90% sure it happened while in my possession and not from shipment. i did take a lot of photos for fun (and didnt see a problem then) and kept doing micro-movements so it may have been my fault! im just curious if i could fix it myself haha
    also i dont want to try and deal with claims...

minix2poo (10 days ago) #65386119Thats exactly that what I hate when buying from other MFC users... If you buy 4 figures, 3 arrive with some issues... How can that be? Sometimes I think most people selling their figures here are selling it because they are broken or having issues... Did you talk to the seller?
    i got her via proxy for amazon JP through neokyo! ill be honest that its probably my own fault because i handled her a bit too much when i recieved her and it could have been from knocking against some surface haha. im not looking for some refund or claim i just want to know if its fixable!

plus i had family housesitting for a day and my brother in law isnt the most...gentle with items so he could have been messing with my stuff but who knows! :-/
    10 days ago