Comments Torn arm joints on Figuarts Sailor Moon figs

• general-radix11 months ago#68457375Yeah, they do look pretty thin compared to my other figures' arm joints. (Which hopefully means said other figures are relatively safe from this)

The closest I can think of to the SM Figuarts are Precure, but I haven't seen or heard of this happening to any of those, even on the older releases. Certainly never had an issue with my Melody or Beat when I had them.
    11 months ago
    general-radix11 months ago#68457630I do have some replacement joints (got them to fix Venus's snapped wrist peg); may end up using them if worst comes to worst.
    (Brittle plastic might explain Wicked Lady's notorious fragility...)

If you've got replacements then you should be relatively ok if the need arises. Figuarts joints aren't always as easy to pop out as, say, Figma joints, but they're not too bad. Just have to be a bit more careful. Best of luck friend! Hopefully you end up not needing the extra joints.
    11 months ago
    Xardej11 months ago#68457566It's a combination of material and how thick the joints are. The Sailor Moon Figuarts line ended up using more brittle plastic in the joints than normal. Whether it was an accident or intentional nobody has the insider information for, but it seems to affect just about all of them for whatever reason. Second, their joints are pretty thin. So combined together they're pretty easy to unintentionally damage through normal use. It won't ALWAYS happen, but they have a high chance of it occurring, sadly.
    Not much one can do unless you're skilled with replacing figuart joints and have some extras from somewhere.

(Brittle plastic might explain Wicked Lady's notorious fragility...)
    11 months ago

11 months ago
    KnighTalisman11 months ago#68457368This happened to my roommate's Mercury and a first-run Moon I picked up last year used. I'm guessing it's due to they joint they used being a bit thinner than usual, I don't normally hear about this elsewhere in the Figuarts lines.

11 months ago
    11 months ago
    Devastator00111 months ago#68350440Yeah I've noticed that tends to be an issue with SHF Sailormoon line, it's mostly a factory defect. (I've noticed happen mostly with the arm joints of the SHF Super Sailormoon) =/

I see. (Dang; I was thinking that if I resumed getting Figuarts SM stuff, it'd include Super Sailor Moon...)
    11 months ago