Comments Closing my amiami account but have a few questions.

• Talal1 year ago#69756508I wish you all the best , just one point I would like to add is , I wish if companies such as amiami can provide a payment plan such as side show or prime one studio . so you pay small amount a mount every month till you complete all the payments and then they ship your figure , instead of cancelling or losing customers . I used to be a good customer with hobby search japan , at some stage I had some financial problem and hey ban my account , so I went to another store such as amiami and I have been with them since 2014 . we consider that price of figures is increasing sharply , I have seen figures with 1/8 scale around 20000 jpy . I am planning to leave this hobby and I am just waiting for certain figures and that's it .

True, but personally i like to save if possible towards em but then it gets out of hand to the point where i dont have the ability to save towards them in the end.
    I noticed aswell so Ill probably end up just buying second hand or buying less figures and only buying ones i really love.
    1 year ago
    1 year ago
    Yoake1 year ago#69727844Sorry if I'm butting in but I'd like to give some recommendations on stores that might be good for you.
    Before ordering be sure to check the stores policies and please remember that even if a shop is very lenient they all have limits on how many cancellations they'll accept.
    HobbyLinkJapan allows cancellations anytime until payment. No need to email them as it's done through the account page.
    HobbySearch allows cancellations up to 7 days after ordering. So if you impluse order something you at least have some time to correct it. It looks like it's similar to HLJ and done through the account page.
    RightStuf allows cancellations. You do have to email them.
    AmazonJapan allows cancellations too. Just need to make sure they'll ship the item(s) to you, and some things will need a forwarder.
    BigBadToyStore allows you to cancel anytime through the account/order history page.

Thank you for the recommendations, ill check them out and see if they'll ship to my country before i do any orders ^^" i always check the faqs but i tend to miss parts like the live chat etc on amiami but ill do a thorough check on those sites :)
    1 year ago
    CakeZilla1 year ago#69671280It is hard to quit qwq it only got out of hand once i discovered how cheap they were but once i realized it wasnt really with shipping and customs it was too late qwq"
    What sites do you reccommend? Im gonna probably stick with amiami if possible but id like to check out other ones once i get the impulse under control once i sort out my medical issues.

RightStuf allows cancellations. You do have to email them.

1 year ago
    Pains1 year ago#69671190Everyone has already answered the main question but I also want to add that loosing AmiAmi "privileges" isnt the end of the hobby world either. There are so many shops out there, some are cheaper than AmiAmi and others allow cancellations. It all depends on what you're looking for in a company. I find those that allow cancellations helped me a LOT with my own impulse buys - I order then cancel in a few months haha.
    I wish you luck with your impulse buying! It's such a hard, hard habit to break.

1 year ago
    Talal1 year ago#69670698If you send them proper email and explain to them your situation , they should consider about. Or worse case scenario pay all your pre order and consider as a bank loan because once you are block that’s it . And it happened to me with hoppy Search japan .but I didn’t care because there many online stores you can pre order figures .Senbei1 year ago#69670732The FAQ answer that I copied clearly states that there must not be more than 1 account with the same information, I would assume card information would fall under this as well. I personally would not risk it and would use another card. As for using your sister's address to make another account, it shouldn't be a problem.Velvet_Bunni1 year ago#69670890Honestly I forgot amiami had that policy regarding addresses...but interesting thing is my roommate and I haven't any issues about it? We each have our own accounts, but we also had these accounts before we moved in together and the addresses they had were when we were living with our parents. Then of course when we moved in we each added our apartment as an address- though we also kept our old addresses too because occasionally we'll have shipments sent to them. Maybe it's when first registering several accounts and using the same address for all that sets off the red flags? I would send an email to amiami to maybe get more clarification or also explain your situation.
    Foleosy1 year ago#69670901My partner cancelled all of her orders and I ordered the ones she wanted on my own account, because she was moving in (other than some which were OOS and we didn't want to risk it). They didn't ban her account, and now she just doesn't order anything unless it's through me. Her old figures will go to her old place and we'll just collect it from there.
    However, as your situation is a bit different, I would suggest the following:
    1) Contact AmiAmi via Live Chat (this is a lot more helpful than E-Mail) that you wish to close your account because your partner is moving in with you, and as per their FAQ/rules you can't both have an account.
    2) Let them know of her account (via email address) and mention that you'll be ordering stuff on that account instead. Since they can't transfer orders between accounts (they couldn't do it for me), they shouldn't help you re-order. This also helps to ensure that her account is whitelisted and won't be banned because of dupe account under same address issue (which I have actually never heard happen).
    3) Order the more wanted figures on her account and yours should be in oblivion.
    Of course I can't guarantee that this will work. :P

Thank you so much for your replies! I thought i should add a small update as i talked to their live chat (didnt even know about it) and got a copy of the transcript, they said i can cancel a bulk and keep the ones i want and if there are issues to contact them with the transcript etc. I also stated that it was impulse buys and im cancelling mostly due to medical costs as im on disability and medication which is expensive already and it got a bit out of hand.
    1 year ago

1 year ago

However, as your situation is a bit different, I would suggest the following:

Of course I can't guarantee that this will work. :P
    1 year ago
    1 year ago
    CakeZilla1 year ago#69670682Thank you for the replies, i was also thinking this even after reading their FAQ but i guess the stress made me overthink and jumble it up in my head. I might see with my sister about seeing if i could have it posted to her address instead (she lives in a different county/state). This would be fine correct? Would it be fine also if i paid with my paypal or even card (i only used paypal so idk about card).
    1 year ago
Buy and Preorder licensed Figures and Merchandise!