HomeArticlesArticle #44163Comments

get to know each otherComments • get to know each other

galablue (2 days ago) #70190280hi kida! who’s your fav pokemon starter? it’s such a tough question but mine is probably charmandar, squirtle, or cyndaquil … yes, i just named three! too hard to pick one. i clearly like fire starters but i think that i’ll pick grookey if i get the new game. i noticed we have a lot of duck lovers here! also hospitality major is super cool, so you’re right 8)

My favourite starters are definitely Piplup, Rowlet and Cyndaquil! I mostly choose water or grass starters~ Grookey is so cute!!! I still haven’t decided which starter to choose in sword and shield yet, I’m leaning towards Sobble.
    11 hours ago
    galablue (2 days ago) #70190274
    wow that game looks really fun and cute. also i love the explanation for your username! also don’t be afraid to not have a collection yet, everyone starts somewhere. that figure you preordered is absolutely beautiful and is an amazing start to a wonderful hobby. also i love hamtaro i was literally reading the lyrics to the theme song with my mom in the car ride before writing this response lol! haha i remember doing an assignment like that for school. i chose the “aye aye” lemurs … and made my title “aye aye captain” (very funny, i know).

Aww thanks! And your school project title is fun and unique!
    15 hours ago
    galablue (2 days ago) #70190279
    woot woot amaterasu! welcome to not lurking in the community! i’m gonna guess GTA is greater toronto area, but if i’m wrong correct me, i just know that because i live in toronto part year 8) i just checked out your instagram and you have some amazing merch from sailor moon!

I'm gonna try to socialize a bit more on this site :) GTA is indeed Greater Toronto Area. Thanks for checking out my IG!
    21 hours ago
    galablue (3 days ago) #70063257
    hi minty! i love that scale. i don’t know where it’s from, but i’m a sucker for anything with cats in it. i’m surprised i don’t own a bunch of cat girls lol. WOW your art is so vibrant and colorful! you should make some kind of social media to post and show your progress! please continue to make art. i’m also studying japanese in my free time. rosetta stone has been very helpful to me. i want to visit japan as well but want to know the language better and also want to go with a very full wallet.

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you so much! Also good luck to your studies as well, maybe we can try to practice with each other some time.^^ Also definitely agree, I also want to try to do some research as well on all the transportation systems too. Don't want to get lost =v=;
    1 day ago
    galablue (2 days ago) #70190264
    hi josine! FMA was one of the first mangas i ever read, but i didn’t get very far. i really want to pick it back up but i’m not sure if i should watch it or read it. what’s your opinion? also that’s amazing that you’re interested in animal evolution and plaeontology!

I have to confess I'm not really a manga reader and I have yet to fully read the manga :# I do plan to though! I have the first 11 volumes at home. That said, I think you can't go wrong with either and it's probably a matter of if you prefer reading manga or watching anime ^^ If you go with the anime, Brotherhood is the one that follows the manga closely; the 2003 FMA has a different, anime-original ending.
    1 day ago
    galablue (2 days ago) #70190264hehe, i think i’ll call you banana for short 8). fruity names are great. my little brother’s fav series is one piece! he still keeps up with the manga weekly and has read it about 4-5 times. i always try to get him one piece merch but he doesn’t want to advertise that he likes anime, but i managed to get him a shirt from uniqlo and he wears it every now and then!

Lol! I'm totally fine with Banana!

That's great that you were able to find your brother some merch he likes! Uniqlo has some really cool, subtle One Piece designs. That subtlety is useful when you want to be discreet about things you like :D
    1 day ago
    galablue (2 days ago) #70190274
    guten taag leike (my terrible german which i won't even spell check, and it might not even be morning there lol!) wei gehts? as i have said with several people before, please never let your english be a barrier for participating! your english is really good and it’s amazing that you are good enough to write on a forum board about a hobby you love. also it’s amazing practice. so please don’t be embarrassed! i wrote it before but i watch AoT with my dad lol… he really likes it. i used to play a ton of overwatch but stopped over the summer as i don’t have enough time to play anymore. also your art is good, you should call yourself an artist! plus you do GKs which take a lot of artistic talent. believe in yourself, leiki, you can achieve anything!! also please make loot blogs! i love reading those.

Thank you so much for your sweet words <3 It's so cool that you watch AoT with your dad. I'm already happy if my parents remember the name of my favorite chars XD
    maybe I'll take some time to make my loot posts, not sure yet, but I definitely want to show my second finished GK. I hope to finish the blog in a few days :> Thank you so much again.
    1 day ago
    galablue (2 days ago) #70190274hi paul! what made you sell most of your collection? future diary is really good and i feel like it didn’t get enough attention (*cough* yuno needs more scales, she is the 01 to 02 in darling in the franxx *cough*). i’m currently reading death note right now and it’s amazing.

Hello, I sold most of my collection and kept the figures that meant the most to be but slowly been rebuying new figures. More Yuno scales would be amazing I feel she never got a good enough figure boo :( Aww enjoy Death Note it's one of the best Manga and Animes ever.
    1 day ago
    galablue (2 days ago) #70190268
    !! you are never too late, leith. also your english is really good? if you hadn’t told me that it wasn’t your first language i would not have assumed. please be more confident because it is very good! i’m really lucky that i grew up in a family who loved games. my dad collects atari vector machines and we have like 4 gamecubes because he never wants to get rid of anything. we’ve slowed down on modern consoles though.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement :) I'm still learning though, really. It's very easy for me to make grammatical mistakes if I'm not being extra careful, like checking two/three times before posting. But I'll do my best! Btw I read your comment on another article and noticed that you're trying to learn Japanese, so as a fellow language learner (albeit a different one) I'd like to say ganbatte ne!
    Wow your dad is so cool. My dad on the other hand keeps on telling me that I should go out more often instead of gluing myself to computer screen lol.
    1 day ago
    galablue (2 days ago) #70190265hi dd! woot woot, another familiar face i see around MFC! i like the new battlestar galactica, but i keep only getting a few episodes and then switching to the old one … and then trying the new one, it’s like an infinite loop! i should sit down and just watch it. i actually am considering minoring in religious studies but not sure yet, it depends on the religion classes offered (i’ve taken one thus far which was a religion in peace building class). also i think you’re totally remarkable, so give yourself more credit x)

About what you said about BSG, Your struggle with it sounds like the story of the show itself :D I do not want to say more because it will be a spoiler haha.
    I didn’t quiet get into it the first time too. When I saw the pilot miniseries, the 3 hour movie thing, I thought it wasn’t really that great. Then a friend of mine insisted that the show only shines afterward. I gave it a go and it sucked me in. I also loved the soundtrack for the show, which had some really nice gems by the time the show ended. This is one of my favourites, I thought I’d share since that might motivate you to see it haha:-

m.youtube.com/w...

A minor in religious studies sounds awesome! As you said, it’s definitely something you have to be sure about in regards to the particular course offered (and oftentimes, the instructor of the course) since taking the courses is a commitment and you have to put in a lot of work. In my case, my formal education is in the Applied Sciences, so I read these things as a hobby. I can just drop the book anytime I feel like it’s not that great unlike with a course haha.

P.S. I recently stumbled across the anime “Laid-back camp” on Crunchyroll and I now know the character in your profile pic :) It has been a very soothing series so far!
    2 days ago