HomeArticlesArticle #44659Comments

My stuffsComments • My stuffs

I LOVE your resolution. It's so tough, I know, having experienced NYC life as well. I'm surprised you held on to everything throughout the moves.

I'm new to collecting, about a year in, and I am already overwhelmed. I decided instead of selling figures, I could combine it with my 2020 resolution to become a Twitch streamer and give them away! 2 birds with one stone! Maybe you could try something similar and pass on the happiness you have to someone else who would really appreciate it. Whatever you decide, I hope I don't miss your update. Be sure to write down what you plan to do. I'm curious.

I don't have moving/emotional stories to every item, but maybe you do. You could find an item you are thinking of letting go, and write out your story here. If not for others to read, than at least for yourself. Maybe it will help, or not, I don't know haha. Oops. I think that's exactly what you're saying you'll do. Well, can't wait to do some reading on Memory Lane!

Best of luck!
    12 days ago
    D_A_R (13 days ago) #73791858This probably sounds way more gruesome than it is, but it really made me laugh. :D
    It's hard to find a good place with enough space. I've been looking for a while to find a bigger place that's within my budget, but it's really tough since I live close to one of the biggest cities in Germany. I pay way too much for my apartment, but I don't have any other options either. Gentrification makes it kinda tough to find something for a reasonable price, even in the "bad areas". Since I don't really have any choice, I gotta make the best of it and somehow manage my space the best I can.
    Right now I got 6 slim shelves with mangas & comics (similiar to the "Gnedby" from Ikea - could be the earlier model). I still got a bit of space there, but it will probably be filled by summer / fall. Right now I still got 2 Detolfs, kinda standing in the middle of the room, but I'm getting a Besta with doors to replace them tomorrow. There's only one wall I can place it, since I got alot of stuff on my walls to optimize the accoustic for making music. When it's done I don't really have any space left. I thought about getting 1 or 2 small Besta shelves to replace the table under my tv, when I got no more room in the big one. I definitely need something with doors to keep everything safe from my dog, so those shelves are the best solution for me and I think the doors look prettier than the one you can get for the billy. - Wall shelves unfortunately don't work with the fragile walls of my apartment.
    I hope you can find a way to display your figures the way that you want. They're too pretty to be kept in boxes.
    I really didn't think about how that sounded until you said that XD but I completely agree with you I dont keep my boxes because i dont have space for them but figures are way too gorgeous to keep in the box. I have very limited space at the moment i display them on my shelf next to my mirror and try to keep dusting them every so often which seems to be going good so far but i hope you get some space, space seems scarce ^^;
    13 days ago
    Cherrylicious34 (13 days ago) #73791344... some i have hanging on the ceiling with hooks

13 days ago
    starcandybits (13 days ago) #73791335Thanks- I've bought some but can't put up yet cuz there's been ongoing renovations at home: new paint on walls, on ceiling, new floor, in the midst of new window frame installation. I've got 4 wooden 1ft wall shelves, 2 ikea billys [currently painting them white from black, this is taking FOREVER smh], white 4 cube ikea Kallen and a couple vintage kitschy wooden shelves.
    Excuse my nosiness, i see u have plushies, what set up do u use to display them? Mine go in a picnic basket and bins.
    Ah alright, Your welcome- also I kind of have them all around my room some i have hanging on the ceiling with hooks and a couple on my shelf
    13 days ago
    Cherrylicious34 (13 days ago) #73791301Have you tried wall shelves? I don't have one but I know they can help with space for figures.

13 days ago