Comments Entry 7: What Food has Taught Me

• IchirakuPhoto7 months ago#75800199How did you get the wire out of yours shots? Love your unique style and how you were able to transform food photography and figure photography!!

Thank you for your comment! ^^

There are a couple ways to remove the wires out of the shot via the use of Photoshop (which is the application that I use to do so). The two primary ways that I usually remove them are via the "clone-stamp" and "spot heal" tools on the Photoshop tools bar. You can find plenty of tutorials online about them on YouTube if you looked them up. There are more ways to remove the wire that are a little more involved, but I don't know if you wanted to sit through another essay ><

Here's a BTS video of how I edited my most recent "Falling Macarons" photo though!
    7 months ago
    7 months ago
    Jnk12967 months ago#75799760I think they were making in joke / implying that they want you to make a figure calendar. xD
    On a different note, could I ask what kind of wire that is you're using to do your suspended/floating shots (like the falling macaron picture)? :o I've seen people use fishing line but that's different!

Thank you for your comment! ^^

I've never used fishing line. I see why people might like it, but I already know that if I tried to use it, it'd be much too unruly and difficult to manage. I use standard gardening wire that I buy from my local arts and crafts store (Michael's). It's thin and the rigidity helps with posing the figures (and macarons in this case). I personally believe that this wire has helped me to create more scenes that another photographer likely would've given up on as posing with fishing line could become rather troublesome.
    7 months ago
    TheTravelingSee7 months ago#75770300Thank you for leaving a comment, but I'm not sure what you are referring to. What figure calendar?

7 months ago
    eviljackspicer7 months ago#75770294When can we expect the 2021 Figure Calendar?

7 months ago
    When can we expect the 2021 Figure Calendar?
    7 months ago
    galablue7 months ago#75769945Hehe, now I'm curious -- what's the most dangerous place you've put your figures?

Hehe. I'm kind of glad that you asked.

Here is a photo I took of my doll while my family and I were on vacation in Inyo National Park. We rented a motor boat and placed her at the very bow without any real support. If she fell into the water, then I'd have to dive in to get her. Mind you, this is glacial water at 9000 ft (2750 meters).

Here's another one of the same doll standing on the railing of a long walkway in Bolsa Chica, CA.

Here's one of my nendo buddy Aoi when I was first starting out with figure photography. It looks like she's in a river valley but this is actually a drainage pipe that leads straight into the ocean. Right after I took this photo, a large wave crashed in and almost cast poor little Aoi into the sea. I almost lost my camera to water damage that day too ^^

Here's another one of my Miku being suspended over a fountain. Not nearly as dangerous as the other photos, but one tumble and I would've had to dive in for her too!

I liked to have fun and take some risks with my figure photography. It gives me a challenge and makes sure that I always appreciate these little guys. They're just so darn cute! ><
    7 months ago
    TheTravelingSee7 months ago#75769930Thank you for taking the time to comment.
    I've placed my figures in more dangerous places

7 months ago
    TheTravelingSee7 months ago#75769931I'm surprised people remember it ^^
    When I look back at that photo series I actually cringe a little bit for some reason. A lot of the photos just weren't that great. The series itself wasn't that great either to be honest. But after having returned the article that I wrote regarding its creation, I remembered as to why it was so importamt to me to begin with.
    Anywho, thank you for taking the time to comment! ^^

Thank you for the response! I think it's the thought that counts and how you transform your ideas into art. What also counts is people liking your works. Artists eventually improve from time to time. You've come a long way now and your photos are getting prettier and prettier!

It's ok to cringe at your older works. A few months ago I was PM'ing a friend because she wanted to see my older artwork. I definitely cringed at some I've added to the PM and was thinking ,"why did I make this?" XD
    7 months ago
    D_A_R7 months ago#75767064Food and figures - 2 of my favorite things. :D I think you did a great job capturing your passion for it in your photos. You put a lot of work in it and the result came out great. You can be proud of yourself. I think the result could easily be an ad for a japanese café.
    Keep up the good work.

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment ^^

I don't think I'm that good yet >< Some people have approached me to ask if I usually charge a rate for my photography. In my opinion though, once you start charging for your hobby, it isn't a hobby anymore. You should do it because you want to, nit because you're getting paid. That's not to say that we shouldn't ever get paid for our photography, simply that, at this current point in time, I must improve to the point where I am worthy of getting paid for my photography.

As I am now, I am simply not good enough.
    7 months ago
Your source for old and rare figurines!