HomeArticlesArticle #45245Comments
Premium Figure Imports

Your thoughts on S-Style figures?Comments • Your thoughts on S-Style figures?

I have three of them: ITEM #331642 , ITEM #464735 , ITEM #464877 .

I do like them a lot and don't regret getting them, but I don't think this line gives a bang for your buck. They're so small you might as well consider them trading figures: and for the same price, you can nowadays get bigger, and higher quality prize figures.
    11 days ago
    They're cute and I own/have a few on order. Honestly though imo I like Beach Queens way better. It's a shame they don't really make them anymore. S-Styles aren't bad, but should be a little cheaper considering Good Smiles Pop Up Parade are sometimes cheaper than S-Style.
    11 days ago
    tharglet (11 days ago) #76954298Here's some quick pics I did some time ago. Not all there, but most of them.Thanks, pretty crazy that you can fit ~24 of them to one shelf when 1/7's can barely fit 5 :D
    11 days ago
    Shida (11 days ago) #76954290Yeah the shininess was what I meat with prize figues, that's the only thing I don't like in those!
    Ended up ordering ITEM #676262 and ITEM #676265 (basically just had to pay shipment, no taxes either since they are basically free). Would be really cool to see a group photo of them though!

Here's some quick pics I did some time ago. Not all there, but most of them.
    11 days ago
    tharglet (11 days ago) #76954255They're not shiny like some prize figures are, if that's what you're on about being "plastic-y".
    If you're looking at a released one, I have most of them, so I could take pics if it's one in my collection. Link to the ones I have
    11 days ago

11 days ago
    So far I only got ITEM #549504 - since this is one of their older figures, it would be interesting to know if the quality improved over the years. It's a decent figure. Details could be better, but it seems like they did a great job on the newer ones.

Can anyone do a comparison between a s-style & a pop up parade figure? I think, this could be very interesting, especially cause they are about the same size & price.
    12 days ago
    sarious Chino is My Life
    Go with whatever specific character/series you like better.

As for s-style figures, I'd recommend getting Beach Queens instead. They no longer make them, so would have to be a few years old series. But the ones I've had were higher quality than the one s-style I had.

A lot of people didn't like Beach Queens back in the day due to them being smaller and swimsuit only. But they're good quality-wise.
    12 days ago
    I really like them. They are very small, but have a lot of little details. I just wish there were more boys.

Personally, I would prefer them to prize figures.
    12 days ago
    Asphroxia Nightmare
    I personally like to display my collection in its entirety together and since like 90% of my stuff is either 1/7 or 1/8 i really can't stand it when a fig is considerably smaller or bigger.
    Prize figs has come a long way in recent years and i personally love them, theyre pocket change compared to what the asking price of other full scale figs is these days but at the same scale, i like to scatter them across my regular scales to densen up my collection
    12 days ago