Comments Importing a LED lamp into the EU?

• NemsEngelAceSasu15 days ago#83314447What about the case above then? Would they count as batteries? Did u have to get it from sutoms? Was it declared as lamp?

Yes, I had to pick it up at the customs office and it was declared as a lamp.
    Maybe I was just lucky, but I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.
    15 days ago
    Ellime15 days ago#83330220You have to get the proxy to remove the batteries before it can be sent. Or use a shipping method that handles hazardous chemicals like another user mentioned. There isn't an alternative that lets you get the item still.
    Maybe you can ask for your money back if the proxy refuses to remove the battery and/or ship you the product. If you paid with a credit card a charge back is possible.

What is the meaning of sending it with batteries tho? I would not be allowed to get it from customs office.

Jaou15 days ago#83349591Has your proxy any means of sending it properly declared? As I had said DHL offers this service. I hope it all works out for you!

Thank you. Well I would more tend to let her declare something else? Since if she states batteries it will be refused by customs.
    15 days ago
    NemsEngelAceSasu15 days ago#83315402I asked the prox to remove the battery. However its glued inside with hot glue. Its a music box with 3 led from below which shine trough a glass globe. So idk what exactly to do here. The proxy cant sent it back and i overpaid by a ton with ordering trough her cause its sold out elsewhere anyway. And i really want it.

15 days ago

15 days ago
    Jaou15 days ago#83314479LED lamps or LEDs themselves are not really the issue. As someone else already said Lithium batteries are dangerous goods (regular batteries like AAA Alkaline ones are just fine and no issue). Often times a lot of proxies will not accept to order items with them or when it is not clearly stated you have to "confirm" that your order doesn't contain any rechargable batteries. So it is always good to make sure beforehand.
    Technically it is possible to send them without declaring it but this has two issues:
    1. Dangerous goods are put into categories and have different standards for transportation to ensure that nothing happens (for example the battery exploding due to temperature). I don't know what kind of issues you would face when this was really to happen tho.
    2. At customs when your package gets checked, they notice the battery and when not correctly or not declared at all it will be rejected and send back to the seller.
    Of course you could get lucky and nothing happens at all and customs will just let your package slip.
    There is a silver lining: DHL does accept to ship dangerous goods but not all proxies are able to offer it especially if they do not accept this sort of items to begin with.
    If the battery is removed for shipping you should be all good to go and got nothing to worry about.

15 days ago

15 days ago
    Empress-Yokune16 days ago#83303499well, I'm sure if the seller removed the batteries then it would be okay! I've looked and all i can find that you can't send are exotic animals, chemicals and counterfeit/bootleg items. if you can't figure it out you can call customs in your country and see if it's suitable or not. hope this info helps!!!

Thank you. it seems theres a battery pack glues inisde the lamp tho. So not sure how to handle this.

D_A_R16 days ago#83306952Lithium batteries classify as dangerous goods, that's why you aren't allowed to just ship something with batteries inside. The LED lamp itself shouldn't be a problem. I'm also from Germany and didn't have any problems when I got one out of Russia.

Thank you. What about the case above then? Would they count as batteries? Did u have to get it from sutoms? Was it declared as lamp?

___

Just called customs office.

Apparently even without batteries its considerd forbidden to import, due the lazy work with the cables and the potential danger.
    15 days ago
    16 days ago
    16 days ago
Importing games,toys, and more from Japan since 2002!