Comments Liking a character whose source you haven't check?

• Everything I own from Victory, Gundam SEED, and Turn A falls in this category. Turn A is probably good, just haven't had time to watch it, but I'm not going anywhere near the other too. The robots look cool, and I'll just leave it at that.
    5 months ago
    i do that all the time. just to throw in a few examples:

T2 Art works (tony taka) designs

Azune Lane

Queen's Blade

another dimension to think about is how instead of liking the character, i can like the artist or the sculptor instead.
    5 months ago
    A lot of my newest collection additions come from sources I will never get into. Like you, I'm into collecting Fate although I don't really research the characters. I actually used to watch the anime, but when Zero and UBW came out the fandom got pretty annoying which got me out of Fate. I might watch the FGO anime, but I'm definitely not going to play the games. I also got sucked into Touken whose game I will never touch, but I did watch both animes so maybe that doesn't count anymore. Then there's all the Chinese gacha games out there with awesome character designs. I do think I would like the characters I'm drawn to if I got into their respective series. It's just that VNs and gachas are really boring to me.

Sometimes the figures get me into a series. I fell in love with P5's Joker after seeing the first Koto figure and now I'm going to play Royal even if it is kind of a VN. I already saw the anime and liked that at least. Overlord was the same way. I saw Albedo figures, decided to watch the anime, and am super into it now. Maybe I'll get back into Fate too.
    5 months ago
    MLMjp5 months ago#83954477Well, the idea is that you became familiar with that character by searching and investigating about him/her, is just that you just won't check the source material where she/he comes from.I'm not on that train. Buying figures because you like the look of them alone is a slippery slope. I think it's much healthier economically to focus your collection on something in particular or get representation for things you already like. It'll also prevent questions such as "Why did I buy this?" down the line.
    5 months ago
    I'm not into Fate/Grand Order, but I really like some of the servants like Siegfried and Medea.

And I'm really obsessed with the Crypters and their Servants, especially Kadoc and Anastasia. Hell, I went and ordered their figures.
    5 months ago
    There are characters I like despite never engaging with the original source such as the characters in Kingdom Hearts (not counting the Disney characters as I have watched their movies lol), The World Ends With You and Final Fantasy (FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFXIII and FFXV). However, I do read the manga and watch the anime/movie for the above games if they have them. I also do watch the gameplay and read up on their backstories so I get a better idea of who these characters are.

Even then, I don't feel compelled to buy figures of them. Maybe a plushie (Mr.Mew/Nyan-tan in The World Ends With You to be exact) at most. I have to be REALLY into a series (i.e. engaging with the source material) before I consider buying figures of these characters.
    5 months ago
    I simp big time for Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers, but I've never played a single game from the series. I have this ITEM #6605 figure of her. I was also a big fan of Aerith from FF7 before playing the game just from reading about her. I've since played both the old and new FF7 and I appreciate her character even more. I would love to own a figure of Aerith, I'm just not a fan of any that exist of her so far.

(For Jeanne Alter, I recommend watching a youtube video of cutscenes involving her from the FGO Servant Summer Festival event if you ever have spare time. It involves the main character helping her compete in a doujin drawing contest. She is SUPER tsundere and hilarious in the event, I was neutral to her before playing that event and now I love her character.)
    5 months ago
    MC5 months ago#83912973Myethos figures are generally avaiable in all japan shop (amiami, hlj, bij...), except for China exclusives. NetEase's, on other hand, seems more diffucult to find... I've seen them only on Taobao, but you have to be extra careful and pay attention to the reviews/seller evaluations. Also, if you can't read chinese and you don't live in China you better use a Proxy service to purchase.

Yeah, the NetEase ones look gorgeous but I figured they'd be hard to find. I'm probably gonna give up on looking for them but thanks for the info!
    5 months ago
    iSkadi5 months ago#83948890The official Onmyoji Store is on Taoboa here: onmyoji.world.t...
    If you aren't able to buy directly, I recommend using a proxy. I have bought a lot of items from there using a proxy. (They have some events where they give free items with a purchase, I got some really cool sake cups!)
    I actually joined the game because of Ibaraki, than fell in love with Shuten as well (his good friend).

Thank you for the site! Probably won't go any further in pursuing them if they're not easily available but thank you anyway! The figures are so gorgeous, if only I could read Chinese lol
    5 months ago
    I always try my best to get into a series (either from the source material or its adaptations) before buying anything from it. It keeps me in check with potential purchases, because I don't want to buy a figure and then find out later that I really don't like the character or the series.

I think the only characters that I'd break this 'rule' for are ones from Pop'n Music. I've always enjoyed the music and the character designs, but there isn't really a way for me to play the arcade games or import them for a home console.
    5 months ago
Pre-owned figures in top quality and good value