Comments AmiAmi Pre-owend section is to competitive

• I don’t know if this was mentioned, but you can just add and proceed to checkout for the good deals you immediately see. After you have everything, then you can send a message asking to combine the orders. You can even wait a couple of days (and keep adding more orders from the next day and so on), if you don’t have anything else you like the same day. As long as your combine request is few days before payment due, AmiAmi combines it for you.

On shop preference, I personally do like AmiAmi more than Manda because their shipping prices feel a bit more competitive, and they have the unregistered SAL option. But, lately I have not done much shopping given the shipping situation.
    12 days ago
    LolipopGallery12 days ago#87020129I've seen prices cheaper on AmiAmi than Mandarake and the other way around. Mandarake is pulling stock from various stores / sellers so they might indeed have cheaper prices sometimes. Don't be discouraged that someone else also has the same taste as you and bought a figure out from under you. It's happened many times for me as well. As for AmiAmi as user RockGodItachi says you can always pull the trigger right away and if you find something else you want you can order it as well and then combine it with the original order and pay one shipping charge. Mandarake has disappointed me before due to the fact that some of the sellers they sell stock for also have the same item in a storefront and this means there might be a possibility that the item has already been sold once they actually check after you order. The last order I had was canceled because of this. So it took a day before I was told I wasn't able to get the item. The hunt is on. It sucks sometimes but it can also be fun.

weirdly enough I have never had that happen to me where an item I wanted was sold in-store or received a cancelation notice. Maybe because I only really by Miku and Sonico and a few other things here and there.
    from all the comments its seems people have good and bad stories from both shops. Mandarake just has a good backlog of figures and merchandise that amiami doesn't (or it seems that way). Both seem to have pros and cons.
    12 days ago
    This has happened to me before but on Mandarake, I had the Clamp Usagi bunny plushie in my cart whilst I was browsing for other items in the same store then not even 1hr later it was sold. I haven't seen that plush up for sale again :(

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose out. Trying to combine items for cheaper shipping is perfectly reasonable and I would do the same thing in your situation. If it was a grail on the other hand I would just bite that bullet and purchase it asap.

I can still find deals on AmiAmi at times, I am just not as diligent as some other users here setting alarms during the time they update their pre-owned stocks.
    12 days ago
    12 days ago
    It's understandable you want to grab things together to save on shipping but I think it'll be hard for stars to align to make it the perfect order. As others have said, if you see something you really want (especially a sought-after/rare figure), you just need to pull the trigger and go for it and then combine the order with another before the deadline (if there is more you're ordering). The figure collecting hobby (while a niche hobby) isn't small by any means, and if you're looking for a great figure/deal, you can bet a lot of other people are as well.

I get the frustration on missing out on good stuff; there have been times where I've seen a figure sell-out in under 2 minutes. I am sure some of it are bots perhaps, but I truly believe most of it is dedicated collectors... like myself. Using buyfriend.moe with extensive keywordss set-up (for both amiami and Mandarake), I know what time they do their batch uploads relative to my time and I make sure I'm awake and constantly refreshing the page on my 2nd monitor. I've got some of my rarest figures using amiami pre-owned and just making sure I was johnny-on-the-spot as the saying goes.
    12 days ago
    when it comes to amiami once you see something ESPECIALLY if it’s a sought out figure, you gotta buy it. i’m not even kidding when i say figures have sold out before i can even log into my account to buy them. it’s gotten so competitive that sometimes i wake up at 3-4am just to check their preowned inventory.
    13 days ago
    It sucks you missed out on a figure you want (I know that feeling too well) so my advice to you is to go ahead and order the one you want straight away. Don't worry about finding other things until your order is secure, as you can add things to the same order over and over again and the next day AmiAmi will calculate the shipping. This method has helped me nab some great deals! ;)
    13 days ago
    Cheapest I found her was for 1100. Don't feel bad or discouraged. I honestly overpaid for some of my DB figures and could have saved x amount but I learned. Also you should focus on your school work and getting a job not how to pay for college.
    13 days ago
    i learned the hard way that you have to order the figure you want immediately or else you'll miss it bc ppl are really fast
    13 days ago
    SmikuSmiku Umbra Witch
    I've been really fortunate with the PO AmiAmi section :) I've gotten so many good deals
    13 days ago