Comments Do you buy figures of characters you don't know?

• Sometimes yes. I buy a lot less figures now than I used to, and if I have the budget for a figure that fits an aesthetic I like or a different collection of mine, then I might buy it. I bought ITEM #301595 purely because I like the character's design and it remains one of my favourites even years later. (Scale figures are pretty much all I buy now, though, so I'm looking for one of the same character to buy at some point.)

In my current collection, ITEM #550056 fits this pretty well. The space/star-themed outfit and the colours made her hard to resist.

Two figures in my ordered list fit this description. ITEM #179391 I ordered because it reminds me of the "organic body horror" aesthetic I like, similar to ITEM #305342 that I own - creepy/unsettling figures with a non-human aspect to them. I like the crab Calne more so than the robotic/mechanical ones because, as cool as they are, mechanical body parts don't really catch my attention in the same way. I ordered Idol Cthulhu-chan (not on MFC; this one) for similar reasons, and because it fits my music collection as well.

As for why I ordered ITEM #800666... it's the face. I can't resist a face full of sass like that lol. It was what drew me to ITEM #363046 too, and she's been a favourite of mine since I got her (although at least I'd played Mega Man before so the character wasn't unknown to me).

It used to be something I did more often, but those figures didn't survive my purges because I bought them during my "ooh pretty, I want" phase when I started collecting lol.
    18 hours ago
    njdrawscomics1 day ago#92755570Ooh never seen that one before, as a digital artist it speaks to me lol. I might keep an eye on that one.

That is exactly why I bought her. There is a coulour variant too where here coloura are CMYK, but I prefer this one
    23 hours ago
    Chloe-tsundere The louise otaku
    I used to, but i end up selling those. So now i just stick to i need to be attached to the character rule. Exception would be gyaru gals, since thats a weak spot and same for fox girls :)
    1 day ago
    Yes but rarely
    I usually buy figures which I know and like the source of. However if the figure is absolutely stunning to me then I will get it. Even now I have figure on my Wishlist that I don't know the source of. Tho I try not to get every figure that appeals to me due to limited space and money.
    1 day ago
    95% of the time I only buy figures of characters that I’m familiar with but there was one exception last year of a badass looking dude (from a Chinese series I think?) that was too cool to pass up so I got him. He still hasn’t arrived thanks to whatever mess the mailing system is right now tho :’)

There was also another figure by Myethos from the Honor of Kings series that was just gorgeous and I saw her slowly going out of stock but had to let her pass because I didn’t have enough money for her. I don’t have any rules for myself other than to stick to what I can afford so I’ve had to let a few pass that I probably would’ve gotten, even though I don’t know the character.
    1 day ago
    njdrawscomics Webcomic Artist
    Akiza1 day ago#92755562ITEM #37784

1 day ago
    I try to buy characters that I know, and at this point in my collection I have 4 that I didn't know the source material of. Myethos Zhang(not on MFC), Petits Palette, Geniewiz nendo, and an OC Bunny from freeing.

I used to occasionally buy from. Series I didn't know but they never make it through my purges. So I have slowly learned a lesson.

ITEM #851345
    ITEM #37784
    ITEM #676240
    1 day ago
    1 day ago
    Yes and that's why I'm running out of space.
    Some (in)famous examples (infamous cuz my wallet is crying) include figures from FGO (I know FSN and FZ but not FGO), Azur Lane, NGNL... Also I'm pretty sure all except for one of the adult figures I bought are characters I don't know :_)
    1 day ago
    njdrawscomics Webcomic Artist
    I am so shocked by how many responses this got! As I said in last comment I am enjoying reading every single one and happy most people are being nice about their opinions. Everyone has their own ways and personal rules. It's quite fascinating.
    1 day ago
Second hand waifus deserve a second chance at laifu!