Comments °•How I Clean My Figures•°

The world's finest hobby kits and toys, direct from Japan.
  • soratsukii too broke for this hobby :,)
    hahahahaha....i just blow the dust off :,DDD
    2 months ago
    deadrealitys3 months ago#95820954does the paint ever come off in a bath? i aint got time to Dust so are baths easier?

No Iv never had any paint come off. I'v done a bit of research and it seems pretty safe, water is very unintrusive. All I do is get a bucket with water, take any big parts off the figure, swish it around for like 2 seconds and let it dry on a towel. The dust disappears!
    3 months ago
    Moomoogirl13 months ago#95822210I get the idea for this and I don't necessarily disagree, but gloves are the one thing I don't think I'll ever adopt when handling my figures. I think if I collected scales I'd be more inclined to them but since I have dolls, nendos, and action figures that I "play" with, using gloves doesn't make sense. But I'm positive those who use gloves have way more pristine figures than mine, so there's that!
    Can't fault you there at all if you are going to use something it's gonna get worn in some way or another, beats it sitting hidden in a box, which I hate sooo much
    3 months ago
    Zabraxas3 months ago#95821167One thing to add which seems to have been overlooked, get some gloves for when you are handling your figures, one of the worst things for figures and plastic in general is the oil from your skin I get the idea for this and I don't necessarily disagree, but gloves are the one thing I don't think I'll ever adopt when handling my figures. I think if I collected scales I'd be more inclined to them but since I have dolls, nendos, and action figures that I "play" with, using gloves doesn't make sense. But I'm positive those who use gloves have way more pristine figures than mine, so there's that!
    3 months ago
    3 months ago
    2amSnow3 months ago#95783267This is a cool process! For me though I do not have the patients to brush all of them off everytime I clean! I give most of my figures a bath every few months and let them air dry ;O; does the paint ever come off in a bath? i aint got time to Dust so are baths easier?
    3 months ago
    rogue_g3 months ago#95782023Bit of advice from my own experience, I would substitute the baby wipes with a combination of q-tips (cotton swabs) and lens cleaning fluid. The reason is two-fold:
    - The waste is far less with a single q-tip and gives more control to clean the effected area
    - The alcohol in the baby wipes, which they all come with, can potentially damage or break down painted surfaces. This is where lens cleaning fluid is better, as it's just water and very low concentration soap that's designed to evaporate easily and without residue. Makes sense given the application is normally for glasses.
    This was very insightful, thank you. Actually lead me to look up what else is in baby wipes.

I really do like the idea of switching over to qtips (which I mainly use to remove paint for customs), so next clean up I think I'll try them out.

2amSnow3 months ago#95783267This is a cool process! For me though I do not have the patients to brush all of them off everytime I clean! I give most of my figures a bath every few months and let them air dry ;O; Oh a bath sounds fun and kind of relaxing tbh. I find it therapeutic to wash my dishes so washing figures might be even better haha
    3 months ago
    3 months ago

Just my two cents, for nendo's the wipes won't harm the PVC and the same goes for any PVC surface on scale figures. And I usually don't worry about cleaning, everything's either still in a box or Billy's with glass doors.
    3 months ago
    fantasy_trance3 months ago#95738883This is a nice tutorial. I never dust my figures though, but I when I saw this article was from you, I had to read it :) I love how you care for your figures. Yusuke is so cute!

Yes i had to post too :B
    3 months ago
The world's finest hobby kits and toys, direct from Japan.